First Bills Game

Hey guys,

I tried to use the search function, but couldn't find anything like this. If it's in the wrong place or if there is a similar thread feel free to delete. I am finally going to my first Bills game this weekend against Oakland. I scored tickets in 114 about 20 rows up. I've been a fan my whole life, despite the only playoff performance me being cognizant of is the music city miracle. I grew up in the Erie are and am now at University of Pittsburgh. My question is: What should I do? Best restaurant (cheap, I'm used to ramen) ? What to do at the stadium? What's parking like? Are there any bills related chants I should know? I'm really excited and just want to get as much out of the experience as possible. Me and a friend (Raiders Fan :thumbdown: ) should get there around 10AM. I joined this forum because this may be the most civil, knowledgable message board I've ever seen. Prove me right and deliver the goods on Buffalo!

Thanks,

MouldyFlutieFlakes

Hey guys,

I tried to use the search function, but couldn't find anything like this. If it's in the wrong place or if there is a similar thread feel free to delete. I am finally going to my first Bills game this weekend against Oakland. I scored tickets in 114 about 20 rows up. I've been a fan my whole life, despite the only playoff performance me being cognizant of is the music city miracle. I grew up in the Erie are and am now at University of Pittsburgh. My question is: What should I do? Best restaurant (cheap, I'm used to ramen) ? What to do at the stadium? What's parking like? Are there any bills related chants I should know? I'm really excited and just want to get as much out of the experience as possible. Me and a friend (Raiders Fan :thumbdown: ) should get there around 10AM. I joined this forum because this may be the most civil, knowledgable message board I've ever seen. Prove me right and deliver the goods on Buffalo!

Thanks,

MouldyFlutieFlakes

Welcome to the board! dont be stranger.

Have fun in Buffalo. Try Duffs wings. have a beef on weck. park at hammers lot.

Hey guys,

Thanks,

MouldyFlutieFlakes

Just pack a cooler and get rowdy, the rest will take care of itself. Have fun, I'm sure you will want to come back for another game

With the lots opening @ 9 and it being opening day I would try to get there as close to that as possible. The parking lot atmosphere (again if its your first spend the money) is something not to be missed. Grill and plenty of food as well as alcohol are neccessities. However so is non alcoholic drinks to rehydrate after the game (trust me you'll thank me).

The last thing is to make sure you come ready to stand and yell for a majority of the game. Gameday at the ralph is amazing!

Enjoy your in for a great time but again get there as early as possible you won't be dissapointed.

You don't even need to park at the stadium lots, there are lots of private lots all over the place (see hammers lot). I would avoid trying to get there at 10. If you want the full gameday experience, shoot for 8:30ish. For a restaurant near the stadium, I would recommend Danny's south (home of the famous chicken wing soup) and you can eat for around 10 - 15 bucks. I would grab yourself a cheap little charcoal grill, a bag of charcoal, some meat to throw on there, a bunch of beers, and just enjoy!

You can't find a bad seat in the house. I am jealous- I haven't been to a home Bills game in 12 years- all of my Bills games are on the road, but I'm hoping to get to Buffalo this season as I'm finally not deployed overseas of out to sea.

When I was there in 1999, I got to tailgate with Andre Reed and Jonathan Linton, the Bills won the game, and I got to heckle Keyshawn Johnson and Bill Parcells in the lot as they got on the bus. I didn't encounter any drunk Jests fans, which was cool. You WILL enjoy yourself... :)

I was similar to you in that I was a Bills fan not from Buffalo. I also attended my first game while in college (Bills-Bengals with 4 Bengal fan friends...we kicked their asses, btw).

After that first trip, I had season tickets for a number of years until it became impossible. I now live in Florida and try to make it to a game or 2 a year.

I would recommend the following:

- If you haven't booked a hotel yet, try to find one in Hamburg (assuming you're NOT going out Saturday night - if so, maybe closer to downtown)

- If you stay in Hamburg, my regular Saturday night spot is Danny's near the stadium for dinner and the 8pm college football game

- Tailgate @ Hammer's (http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/134304-hammers-parking-lot/page__p__2238195#entry2238195)

- ABSOLUTELY go to the Pinto (now also at Hammer's, I believe) -

- Tell your buddy to keep his nose clean

GO BILLS!