Luck of the draft?

I think RGIII will be an equal if not better option at QB than Andrew Luck. For those not in the know he is Robert Griffin III from Baylor. His measurables are 6'2" 220lbs, freaky athletic and is being compared to Michael Vick with accuracy. In other words, he is a black John Elway.

A better option than Luck? If you mean he runs the option better than Luck I hear you. But, there's not a snowballs chance he is going to be a tenth as good as luck. He might be another David garrard...if he's lucky.

I think RGIII will be an equal if not better option at QB than Andrew Luck. For those not in the know he is Robert Griffin III from Baylor. His measurables are 6'2" 220lbs, freaky athletic and is being compared to Michael Vick with accuracy. In other words, he is a black John Elway.

Well now there's his first big problem - I never liked the white John Elway. B-)

Don't know anything about RG3 - Andy Luck, Gabe Blabbert, Fig Newton, Fake Locker, Darron Thomas, et al stole all the attention last season, and this season it's Matt Barkley, Kellen Moore, Brandon Weeden, Landry Jones, and Thomas and Luck again. From what I've read, there may be questions about Griffin's play-calling ability and size...

link

I know - 6'2"/220 is more than big enough, but lately teams are going for the 6'4" or taller QBs that can see over the 6'8" linemen. Also, since he's a red-shirt junior who sat out most of 2009 with a knee injury, I wonder if he might decide to stay out of this year's QB-rich draft and play another year of college ball.

Seems a bit of a reach to compare him to Luck. Sounds like an interesting kid to watch, though - and, even though the Big 12 is no fun w/out Mike Leach, I'll certainly keep an eye on his stats and try to catch a few Baylor games.

(And I don't care if he's black, white, green, or purple.)

Really, with the new structure in place for rookie pay scale, there is no incentive for a QB to come out early unless they feel they had a really freak year of success and don't want to ruin it, or unless they are on top and don't really care much for college. QB's don't stand nearly as much a chance of getting long-term injuries as other players. So, my guess is unless a QB really doesn't like school or can't wait to get paid, they're going to stay in school and get the reps, the training, and position themselves as best they can in terms of who is their competition coming out. So... it looks like next year isn't going to be a good year for second tier QB's coming out, as there is a lot of competition.

Really, with the new structure in place for rookie pay scale, there is no incentive for a QB to come out early unless they feel they had a really freak year of success and don't want to ruin it, or unless they are on top and don't really care much for college. QB's don't stand nearly as much a chance of getting long-term injuries as other players. So, my guess is unless a QB really doesn't like school or can't wait to get paid, they're going to stay in school and get the reps, the training, and position themselves as best they can in terms of who is their competition coming out. So... it looks like next year isn't going to be a good year for second tier QB's coming out, as there is a lot of competition.

Good points.

Ryan Tannehill 6'4" 220 a white John Elway.

How do you not like John Elway, I put at him the best of all time then:

Steve Young

Joe Montana

Dan Marrino

(Brady and Manning will be up there but I was going with retired players.)

Yeah OK.

So every black QB that can run is another Michael Vick, right?

Luck is a once in a decade prospect. This isn't Joey Harrington or JaMarcus Russell here.