Property Taxes in Idaho

http://www.hallhall.com/ranches-for-sale/property-detail.php?id=90

This property is for sale for $12,000,000 dollars.

It is owned by the singer-songwriter Carole King.

"The building compound includes a beautifully restored 7,337 sq. ft. lodge, owner’s residence overlooking Warm Springs Creek, caretaker’s home, guest cabins, equestrian facilities, greenhouse, and a professional recording studio. Geothermal springs produce energy-saving hot water year-round for two pools and radiant heat for the lodge and studio."

"The property taxes are estimated at $3,542 annually."

http://www.hallhall.com/ranches-for-sale/property-detail.php?id=90

This property is for sale for $12,000,000 dollars.

It is owned by the singer-songwriter Carole King.

"The building compound includes a beautifully restored 7,337 sq. ft. lodge, owners residence overlooking Warm Springs Creek, caretakers home, guest cabins, equestrian facilities, greenhouse, and a professional recording studio. Geothermal springs produce energy-saving hot water year-round for two pools and radiant heat for the lodge and studio."

"The property taxes are estimated at $3,542 annually."

If the assessed value is near the asking price that $12,000,000 property would have an annual tax bill of over $500,000 in some townships/counties in New York.

Edited by 3rdnlng

The mountain west is now the firewall against Obama's liberal polices. I expect more and more Americans to "go Galt" and move to Montana, Wyoming, Utah, Idaho, and the Dakota's over the next few years.

Northwest Front, right Dave? :D

(it's a joke)

From the Custer County [location of the ranch] assessors office-

Property taxes are not calculated on the ''full actual value'' as determined by the assessor. Instead, an assessment percentage is applied according to the classification of the property. 39-1-104(1) and (1.5), C.R.S. Residential property is assessed at a percentage of the actual value; currently, this percentage is 7.96% while most other property is assessed at 29%.

Try to get that deal in NY.150% more likely.

From the Custer County [location of the ranch] assessors office-

Try to get that deal in NY.150% more likely.

It's different everywhere. Some assessments are what they consider market value and if a property is worth $300,000 it will be assessed at that. Sometimes it will be assessed at a fraction of a percentage of the value. What really counts is the millage. My example was based on a NYS property I used to own. I simply took its value vs. its total taxes and compared it to the $12,000,000 property. My taxes were about 1/23 of its value. $12,000,000 divided by 23 = $521,739.

It's different everywhere. Some assessments are what they consider market value and if a property is worth $300,000 it will be assessed at that. Sometimes it will be assessed at a fraction of a percentage of the value. What really counts is the millage. My example was based on a NYS property I used to own. I simply took its value vs. its total taxes and compared it to the $12,000,000 property. My taxes were about 1/23 of its value. $12,000,000 divided by 23 = $521,739.

7.9% of $12,000,000 = $948,000. Still a incredibly low per thousand rate to come up with $3500.

7.9% of $12,000,000 = $948,000. Still a incredibly low per thousand rate to come up with $3500.

Jim, you are not factoring in the millage. Regardless, NYS taxes suck and drove me out of the state.

Edited by 3rdnlng

The mountain west is now the firewall against Obama's liberal polices. I expect more and more Americans to "go Galt" and move to Montana, Wyoming, Utah, Idaho, and the Dakota's over the next few years.

There would have to be actual employment there in order for that to happen, and the land is cheap to own for a reason. You actually have to have income in order to survive, you know. :rolleyes: