Andrew Luck Sweepstakes

Several reasons why Buffalo has jumped on the Andrew Luck Sweepstakes:

2010 season

Heisman Trophy Runner Up

Maxwell Award Finalist

Walter Camp Award Finalist

Davey O'Brien Award Finalist

Manning Award Finalist

Second Team All America (AP, Walter Camp, SI.com, CBSSports.com)

Orange Bowl MVP

Pac-10 Offensive Player of the Year

First Team All Pac-10

Second Team Pac 10 All Academic Team

Pac-10 Offensive Player of the Week, Nov. 8, 2010 & Nov. 22, 2010

2009 season

Freshman All America (The Sporting News, CollegeFootballNews.com, Scout.com)

Honorable Mention All Pac-10

First Team Pac-10 All Academic Team

Records

Pac 10 single season records

Highest completion percentage (70.7%, 2010)

Pac 10 career records

Most career total offense per game (268.8 yards per game)

Stanford single season records

2010 season:

Most touchdown passes in a season (32)

Most total offense in a season (3,791 yards)

Highest passing efficiency rating (170.2)

Highest completion percentage (70.7%)

Most yards per pass attempt (9.0)

Most rushing yards by a quarterback (453 yards)

Stanford career records

Most career yards per pass attempt (9.0 yards/attempt)

Lowest career interception percentage (1.8%)

Most career rushing yards by a quarterback (807 yards)

**information taken directly from Wikipedia**

bad thread

:thumbdown:

this has been done a million times

bills are not a playoff team but also are not quite bad enough to have a good shot at luck

even if they beat the odds and get the first pick there is a chance luck would pull an elway/manning style move and refuse to play here or just go back for another year of college

Edited by Boludo

bad thread

:thumbdown:

this has been done a million times

bills are not a playoff team but also are not quite bad enough to have a good shot at luck

even if they beat the odds and get the first pick there is a chance luck would pull an elway/manning style move and refuse to play here or just go back for another year of college

I agree that it has been done too many times and that Andrew Luck would altogether avoid Buffalo, as he will have another year of eligibility at Stanford; but I guess the hyperbole is that Buffalo is giving all indication they will be drafting #1 overall. There's just not enough talent on the team and to avoid their offensive line issues like the plague, just shows the direction they are heading.

Edited by altruisticbillsfan

I agree that it has been done too many times and that Andrew Luck would alltogether avoid Buffalo, as he will have another year of eligibility at Stanford, but I guess the hyperpole is that Buffalo is giving all indication they will be drafting #1 overall. There just is not enough talent on the team and to avoid their offensive line issues like the plague, just shows the direction they are heading.

In your opinion.

No team ever plays to lose. Jobs are on the line unless you produce results.

To avoid this type of nonsense all season long, I think it's time Luck got his own 'Andy-Worship-Forum' on TBD.

Meanwhile, for the more knowledgeable and objective draftniks, the best QB in the 2012 draft - USC's Matt Barkley - is 18/20, 163 yards, 3 TDs/0 INTs in the first half.

First of all, the chances of us getting the number one pick are slim to say the least. Luck is a special player, but there is no player worth blowing a season for in the sport of football. Maybe in Basketball where one player can dominate the game, but not football where there's 22 starters on each team. Second of all, with such a deep QB class coming up, there's no reason to even consider blowing games. If anyone here watched the first half of the USC game, you saw Matt Barkley show why he could, by the end of the season, be compared to Luck in terms of his pro readiness. Not Landry Jones, Nick Foles, Ryan Lindley, Ryan Tannehill are all considered to be top tier pro prospects. I'd kill to have Luck, but there's no reason to believe that the Bills have a shot at him.

To avoid this type of nonsense all season long, I think it's time Luck got his own 'Andy-Worship-Forum' on TBD.

Meanwhile, for the more knowledgeable and objective draftniks, the best QB in the 2012 draft - USC's Matt Barkley - is 18/20, 163 yards, 3 TDs/0 INTs in the first half.

Really, really, really!!

Have you seen Barkley under pressure? Probably not, cuz it's Bledsoe like (my appologizes if you are a Bledsoe fan)!

Amen, Senator. I can't remember a time when I was this sick of hearing about a player who wasn't even on our team, and who likely never will be. Enough of this already!

I agree that it has been done too many times and that Andrew Luck would altogether avoid Buffalo, as he will have another year of eligibility at Stanford; but I guess the hyperbole is that Buffalo is giving all indication they will be drafting #1 overall. There's just not enough talent on the team and to avoid their offensive line issues like the plague, just shows the direction they are heading.

How? By improving the D with some good draft picks, good FA signings and getting Wannstedt to help coach the defense?

Really, really, really!!

Have you seen Barkley under pressure? Probably not, cuz it's Bledsoe like (my appologizes if you are a Bledsoe fan)!

I've been watching him all afternoon...looks fine under pressure to me, especially for a 20-year-old kid up against a Big 10 opponent.

(Meanwhile Andy's having a good time with his own self against Western Athletic Conference powerhouse 1-12 San Jose State :rolleyes: )

Edited by The Senator

How? By improving the D with some good draft picks, good FA signings and getting Wannstedt to help coach the defense?

It's sad we have to depend on rookies to improve our defense, when they are uh, Rookies... Good FA, well, yeah here we go again. Buffalo loves to sign players that have an extensive injury history and on their way out. Honestly, we missed out on good FAs and signed players that are just happy someone is still interested in them.

It's sad we have to depend on rookies to improve our defense, when they are uh, Rookies... Good FA, well, yeah here we go again. Buffalo loves to sign players that have an extensive injury history and on their way out. Honestly, we missed out on good FAs and signed players that are just happy someone is still interested in them.

What are you talking about?

Highly drafted rookie defensive players do make an impact in the NFL with regularity.

Defense is traditionally an easier transition from college than offense.

Buffalo has no more of a history signing injured players than any other NFL team.

I'm not sure where you get your information.

First of all, the chances of us getting the number one pick are slim to say the least. Luck is a special player, but there is no player worth blowing a season for in the sport of football. Maybe in Basketball where one player can dominate the game, but not football where there's 22 starters on each team. Second of all, with such a deep QB class coming up, there's no reason to even consider blowing games. If anyone here watched the first half of the USC game, you saw Matt Barkley show why he could, by the end of the season, be compared to Luck in terms of his pro readiness. Not Landry Jones, Nick Foles, Ryan Lindley, Ryan Tannehill are all considered to be top tier pro prospects. I'd kill to have Luck, but there's no reason to believe that the Bills have a shot at him.

Losing games is hard in this league.