What Do You Need to See to Consider 2011 A Successful Season?

I love it that the season hasn't even started yet and "fans" are already hoping we lose out just so we can get Andrew Luck.

I know, foregoing short term mediocrity for the potential of the most important piece to a franchise's long term success is utter stupidity and instant loss of a fan card.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see a top 10 D that makes plays ie. gets sacks and turnovers. Also would like to see Fitzy play atleast at the level he played last year. Development of players in the last two draft classes, and Easley or Jones prove to be a good number two next to Johnson. All in all get me excited about the future by having exciting games that keep me into them so I dont want to turn them off after KO like I felt with Jaorun, Mularkey, Williams. Also atleast 8 wins while being in the rest, beat the cheatriots atleast once and sweeping the Fins. All in All if my optimism raises for the future I will go into next offseason more hopoeful then this year.

That the run defense is fixed and yards against become top ten in the league. I wish for a bad ass defense this year and improves as the next two years pass.

sorry i gave up on offense for this year. I just hope Fitz doesnt get killed from the blindside. Also the offense should have some moments of excitement this year.

But for me it's all about a big step up with D, Definitely. Definitely Defense this year.

First of all beat the Pats in Buffalo. I could ride awhile on that. I know that this team isn't ready to make a run at the playoffs. I would just like to see a fun season win 8 or 9 games its hard to know what to ask for. How about not being laughed at when I wear my Bills gear!!

First of all beat the Pats in Buffalo. I could ride awhile on that. I know that this team isn't ready to make a run at the playoffs. I would just like to see a fun season win 8 or 9 games its hard to know what to ask for. How about not being laughed at when I wear my Bills gear!!

Stay strong Son this is gonna be a long ride. and keep the gear!

A clear indication of how poorly we have been treated as fans is how low your expectaions are. To say you'd be happy with some improvements and that would make a succesful season is remarkable.

We should be expecting a contender each year, bottom line.

We are a terrible team- this plan to rebuild throught the draft and mid level targeted free agents would be great if we had a competent drafting plan (read 0 starters from last years draft and 1 projected starter from this year, a guy even a monkey knew to take at pick 3)

My expectations- Winning recored at home and competing for a playoff spot in December, otherwise bring in some leadership for this team that can do it.

2. The Bills get a few more wins (8-8?)
  3. in the playoff hunt at least into late November
  4. sign the right players to build a solid core
  5. remain alot healthier than the past 10+ years
  6. are "in" every game until the final whistle
  7. get a little bit more respect from the national media (but that can be achieved by doing the first 5 items)

• 4 weeks later...

Maybe I'm just beat down by a decade of bad football but my criteria for a successful 2011 season doesn't include a playoff berth or even a winning season. What I'd like to see is the following:

- All-Pro (or at least Pro-Bowl) potential shown by Dareus;

- Byrd, Troup, Carrington, A. Williams and Sheppard show that they can be effective NFL starters;

- productive and injury-free seasons from Merriman and Barnett.

You add that to K. Williams, Florence and maybe McGee (I've given up on McKelvin - should have shipped him to the Giants for a draft choice) and you will have the nucleus of a young, dominant defense for years to come. That's enough for me. Anything from the offense (breakout years for Spiller and Easley, another great year from S. Johnson) is just gravy.

I posted this before the start of the regular season. It was an honest belief that if, afer 10 years of miserable football, this team showed definite signs of improvement, which I thought would be on the defensive side of the ball, I'd be hapy with the season. Well, color me delirious. It's been astounding to watch this team play. Even more important, critical needs have apparently been filled before our very eyes. Before the season, conventional wisdom said our offensive needs going into the next draft were QB, LT and RT and TE. Now, Fitzpatrick looks like at worst a quality NFL starting QB, Bell looks like a legitimate NFL LT (you don't need an ALL-PRO at this position - Cowboys won three SB with Mark Tunei at LT), Pear looks good, Hairston looked good in pre-season, Chandler looks like the solution at TE. The line looks great. Amazing. Now, going into next season offensive needs may be minimal, upgrade back-up QB, add OL depth, add a decent second TE. Now, next season, we can concentrate on D-help, pass rusher, maybe another cornerback. We can also be in a position to lure a quality free agent or two. (It isn't and never was about the city. It is always about (1) the money and (2) playing for a winner.)

Maybe I'm drinking the Kool Aid, but this team is actualy poised to be Super Bowl contender, if not this year, then next year or the year after that.

I posted this before the start of the regular season. It was an honest belief that if, afer 10 years of miserable football, this team showed definite signs of improvement, which I thought would be on the defensive side of the ball, I'd be hapy with the season. Well, color me delirious. It's been astounding to watch this team play. Even more important, critical needs have apparently been filled before our very eyes. Before the season, conventional wisdom said our offensive needs going into the next draft were QB, LT and RT and TE. Now, Fitzpatrick looks like at worst a quality NFL starting QB, Bell looks like a legitimate NFL LT (you don't need an ALL-PRO at this position - Cowboys won three SB with Mark Tunei at LT), Pear looks good, Hairston looked good in pre-season, Chandler looks like the solution at TE. The line looks great. Amazing. Now, going into next season offensive needs may be minimal, upgrade back-up QB, add OL depth, add a decent second TE. Now, next season, we can concentrate on D-help, pass rusher, maybe another cornerback. We can also be in a position to lure a quality free agent or two. (It isn't and never was about the city. It is always about (1) the money and (2) playing for a winner.)

Maybe I'm drinking the Kool Aid, but this team is actualy poised to be Super Bowl contender, if not this year, then next year or the year after that.

Playoffs. Anything less is a failure.