Sabres vs. Kings in Berlin

Spun

What advice can you give me about Berlin?

Germany is easy to get around via train - every decent sized city has excellent mass transit. It's easier and cheaper than driving and subways are both clean and safe. Every platform has a ticket center. There's a button with flags at the top. Keep pressing it until it lights up the Union Jack (Great Britain's flag) and the information is in English. There's a bunch of ticketing options, so try to plan your day a little bit and you can save a bunch of money and hassle.

Find a hotel that's on the U-Bahn and you won't even have to rent a car. There's also the S-Bahn, which is faster but has fewer stops and travels to other cities. Get a map (the hotel front desks have them) and spend a little time familiarizing yourself with what stops are close to your destinations and you'll have almost no problems.

Again, Germany is expensive. Leave your taste for things like soda back in the States. It's actually cheaper to drink beer. Also, unless the places you eat/drink are "Americanized", you're not likely to get ice.

"Real" German restaurants serve HUGE portions of food, so if you see something on the menu like "2 Snitzles and fries", it'll likely be enough to feed a family of 4. I'm not kidding.

Don't bother taking your cell phone, unless you want to pay a freakin' fortune to use it. There are throwaways for sale all over the place and you can add minutes to them easily for much cheaper.

Most hotels aren't like hotels in America. That means things like internet are an additional (and expensive) charge. The rooms are generally much smaller. Though you won't be there in the summer, if you were you'd want to make sure the hotel has air conditioning because many of them don't.

Germans (for the most part) are very aloof people - in America their average behavior would be considered extremely rude. Don't take that personally. If you want some help, know at least a few German phrases. If you even try to speak their language, there's a good chance they'll treat you much differently and start speaking to you in English.

If you have any specific questions, ask away. I'll do the best I can.