For the first time in a while...

Tasker and his trusty side kick must have said 1,000 times on Saturday night "Gailey wants to see if he can bring pressure with only four guys."

Well, those four guys did bring pressure, consistently. Granted, the Jags are not the Pats*.

But this was precisely the formula that put the "1" in "18-1."

A mauling D-Line that can collapse the pocket while you drop 7 in coverage = the path to success against New England.

Brady is flat out ineffective with players in his face. He crumbles, he looks helpless, hopeless and lost out there. THAT'S WHY HE'S THE MOST OVERRATED QUARTERBACK OF ALL TIME.

If we keep Carrington, Dareus, Williams, Edwards, Johnson and Kelsay fresh and in rotation, that front four can and will collapse the pocket, and Brady will look like the rag doll he really is.

If one is going to use this thread to be critical of ANYONE, it's Troupe. He's the oddman out. I was not at all impressed with his play on Saturday night. If he had progressed as I hoped he would, our line rotation would be tailor-made to feast on Tom Brady's innards.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Our pass rush is nowhere near as good as Detroit's even though we're much improved. Don't forget, that Detroit was 4th in the league in sacks last year.

That may be true but we really haven't seen our #1 Front 7 yet, except for maybe a few snaps in pre-season game #1. We ain't exactly chopped liver.

PTR

To quote the timeless words of the incomparable Jim Mora, "You really don't know. You think you know, but you don't know, and you never will."

Exactly. I don't know we won't beat the Pats. It was a prediction. In fact, I said in my post "nothing is impossible."

But common sense and reason, recent history and an analysis of the players and coaches that make up the 2011 Patriots and the 2011 Bills make it completely logical for an objective person to come to the conclusion that the Bills won't beat the Patriots this year. If that gets some people's panties in a wad, I'm sorry.

I'll be just as happy as the next Bills fan if beat those sumbitches, and I sure as hell won't take any satisfaction from being right should this meaningless prediction come true. But I call it as I see it.

Exactly. I don't know we won't beat the Pats. It was a prediction. In fact, I said in my post "nothing is impossible."

But common sense and reason, recent history and an analysis of the players and coaches that make up the 2011 Patriots and the 2011 Bills make it completely logical for an objective person to come to the conclusion that the Bills won't beat the Patriots this year. If that gets some people's panties in a wad, I'm sorry.

I'll be just as happy as the next Bills fan if beat those sumbitches, and I sure as hell won't take any satisfaction from being right should this meaningless prediction come true. But I call it as I see it.

Yes, & common sense and reason, along with recent history, etc., it was logical for an objective person to conclude that the Saints would handily defeat the Hawks in the playoffs last year. My panties aren't in a wad Dave & I certainly respect your opinion, along with your prediction...but this is the year we break their streak! I can feel it! Don't lose faith buddy!

That may be true but we really haven't seen our #1 Front 7 yet, except for maybe a few snaps in pre-season game #1. We ain't exactly chopped liver.

PTR

As you pointed out, we really haven't seen our starting front 7 much because of Merriman being out (which itself is disturbing but that's been discussed ad nauseam elsewhere). The current front 7, though improved from last season to be sure, hasn't dominated any of the preseason. Not sure how you make the leap from this to the Bills Dline being near Detroits. I think you are letting preseason excitement cloud your judgement a tad, but hey it's that time of year. Enjoy :)

Yes, & common sense and reason, along with recent history, etc., it was logical for an objective person to conclude that the Saints would handily defeat the Hawks in the playoffs last year. My panties aren't in a wad Dave & I certainly respect your opinion, along with your prediction...but this is the year we break their streak! I can feel it! Don't lose faith buddy!

I certainly hope you're right. Believe me, I'm not one to make 100 predictions and then boast about the three I get right, particularly the ones I want to be wrong about anyway.

Peace, and Go Bills!

As you pointed out, we really haven't seen our starting front 7 much because of Merriman being out (which itself is disturbing but that's been discussed ad nauseam elsewhere). The current front 7, though improved from last season to be sure, hasn't dominated any of the preseason. Not sure how you make the leap from this to the Bills Dline being near Detroits. I think you are letting preseason excitement cloud your judgement a tad, but hey it's that time of year. Enjoy :)

Having watched and rewatched all three games now, I find this statement to be categorically false.

Our pass rush is nowhere near as good as Detroit's even though we're much improved. Don't forget, that Detroit was 4th in the league in sacks last year.

And we didnt have this defense last year......

I think this defense compares very favorably to the Lions

What games are YOU watching? Our starters on defensive front 7 have been dominating in EVERY game this pre season........

- They crushed the first team

- They got excellent pressure and run stop against Denver (it was our secondary that failed us in that game)

- The jags COULD NOT MOVE THE BALL against our starters...it took two huge pass interference calls for them to even be able to move the ball

Tasker and his trusty side kick must have said 1,000 times on Saturday night "Gailey wants to see if he can bring pressure with only four guys."

Well, those four guys did bring pressure, consistently. Granted, the Jags are not the Pats*.

But this was precisely the formula that put the "1" in "18-1."

A mauling D-Line that can collapse the pocket while you drop 7 in coverage = the path to success against New England.

Brady is flat out ineffective with players in his face. He crumbles, he looks helpless, hopeless and lost out there. THAT'S WHY HE'S THE MOST OVERRATED QUARTERBACK OF ALL TIME.

If we keep Carrington, Dareus, Williams, Edwards, Johnson and Kelsay fresh and in rotation, that front four can and will collapse the pocket, and Brady will look like the rag doll he really is.

If one is going to use this thread to be critical of ANYONE, it's Troupe. He's the oddman out. I was not at all impressed with his play on Saturday night. If he had progressed as I hoped he would, our line rotation would be tailor-made to feast on Tom Brady's innards.

This.....

If we can generate pressure with our down linemen and only occasionally sending a blitz just to keep Brady thinking about it.......our defense has a much better chance......

There actually is more to it then this....our offense needs to do its part by running long sustained drives with touchdowns instead of field goals....and let Tom cry on the sidelines then have him try to force it because they are falling behind.......

Keep their offense off the field

Have our offense on the field for extended periods of time

Touchdowns instead of Field Goals

There was nothing "elite" about the Giants scheme when they up-ended the Pats undefeated season. Put Brady on his can = win.

You don't know much about the Giants that year. I watched almost every Giants game that year. They had a SUPER ELITE pass rush especially on the ends. Overall a defense that was very good. That one year alone and game in particular was enough to solidify a head coaching position for their defense co-ordinator. Yup they were elite when they rattled Brady and company.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever