[closed]the reason why we are where we are

22 members have voted

1. 1. Has Ralph been too involved these past 11 years?

• Yes
    • No

I like Ralph Wilson and I respect his generous contributions to medical research. Ralph's vision, hearing, body, and mind are not what they were 10 or 20 years ago. With age comes decline, no matter what we all wear down with time.

There has to be an explanation to our mismanagement these past 10 plus years. No 92 year old man regardless of how much Sudoku, Chess, or mental excersize he performs is capable of outperforming a younger more mentally acute man. There has got to come a time when one hits a wall of regression. Jerry Jones won't be the same owner at 92 that he is now. Even the great Robert Kraft will not be the same owner.

Clearly Ralph is somewhat involved, but he needs to stay out of the way. It seems to me that for every good decision Ralph makes, he makes 2 bad decisions. This ratio eventually sets you back. Since life is all about choices. The bottom-line is we are in the situation we're in as a franchise because we have let a senior citizen make too many operational and tactical decisions without having a Parcell's like figure to dictate policy in the organization.

I don't know which decisions Ralph is and isn't involved in making, but one thing I will never understand is the idea of a 90 year old man being frugal and/or cheap. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever if you think about it.

I'm not going to say anything bad about Mr. Wilson, but I do look forward to getting the team into the hands of another owner (or ownership group) so that we can have some stability moving forward.

Not as bad as many fans think...he really has given back to the fans and has a extreme passion for game...

We call him cheap...but, he keeps this team here!

We call him a bad owner...but, he gets voted into the HOF!

We think he owes us fans...but, he keeps the gameday experience affordable for any family!

We think he has no passion...but, this 93 World War II veteran is a true American hero who made sure the Raiders and Patriots would not fold...continued with Lamar Hunt to make sure the AFL would survive...every year has made sure this team puts out a product, which we all agree had sometimes SUCKED--but every year tries to make sure this team is competitive...

In the final years of this guys life he has had issues, which have hinder his ownership skills. However, Ralph Wilson Jr. is still fighting the good fight to see this team succeed--I just hope it's soon!

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.