Places to eat/drink/have fun in Kansas City

Xbolt2506

Well its a good thing that we have 4 days in KC. Looks like Aurthur Bryants is a must see. I plan on living off of BBQ and booze for the entire trip so I guess Oklahoma Joes will be another stop for us. Thanks a lot for all the feedback, guys!

I'm making the trip to Kansas City for opening day and was wondering if anybody has been before. If so, what are some cool bars, and places to eat? Definetely going to have to get some BBQ while we are there. Any suggestions??

Best ribs Oklahoma Joe's

Best overall BBQ experience Jack Stack

Is that the place that used to be or is still a gas station? I went to a place after a Chiefs/Broncos game a few years back and I think it might have been Oklahoma Joe's. It was some of the best BBQ I've ever eaten. I was so drunk though, didn't remember the name of the place or where it was at but I remembered the BBQ.

Yep ... its in a gas station.

Best overall BBQ experience Jack Stack

:thumbdown::thumbdown:

Smokin' Guns in North KC.

All you need to know about Arthur Bryants is that the locals make fun of it. Im sure the food aint bad, but its a tourist spot. They sell the sauce in the airports. So nuff said.

Edited by RkFast

No but I guess now I will have to try them

They are really really good.

Poor choice of words by me earlier. Jack Stack isn't the best overall BBQ experience, but they have good BBQ and a variety of items that you won't find elsewhere. They are the type of place you go to if you're with someone who's uncomfortable eating in a converted gas station, cloth napkins, table cloths etc. JS is an 'upscale' BBQ alternative. Their BBQ is good, but I ALWAYS go to OK Joe's when it is my choice.