Start having some faith

opfball91

Well before I got married I let my wife know that the bills will always come first.

Even us optimistic types realize we have flaws, I can tell my wife is putting on a few pounds but I don't say "your fat, you will always be fat!" I just love her anyways!

i love this.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To all the yougsters and newbies telling us old farts to be patient, I admire the positive outlike. I recall those days. :lol:

Ok. I am not sure what you see about this administration that I cannot. I think Buddy Nix is a good college talent evaluator. He is putting all of his eggs into the draft basket. It is still too early to even grade his drafts yet.

Next year Buddy will have to spend more money and we shall see what he does with free agency at that time. So far he has done nothing outside of the draft.

Chan Gailey is a proven excellent Offensive Coach. Jury is still out on him as a head coach though. His decision to swith to 3-4 last year seemed to be a bad one. The Spiller pick? Hmmmm.

I've been watching this team since 1963. I have seen many bad teams, some that were just plain eye watering bad. I have seen a few good teams ('73-75), a few very good teams ('80-81, 98-99) a great team (64-65) and even a great era(88-95). I am patient and loyal with this team. I try to be fair. We all, as Bills die hards, we deserve the right to be cynical every now and then.

Cheers. :beer:

Very well said. There is a very fine line between being obnoxious with negativity and understandably cynical. Questioning the team is fine and completely understandable, but constant bashing and only pointing out the negatives gets very old very quickly.

Being an optimistic Bills fan right now is like having battered wife syndrome. "This time it will be different." "He can change." "Things are going to get better soon." "He still loves me." "It's my fault." "Just give it a little more time and everything will be ok." "You just don't understand."

I love the Bills and always root hard for them to win, but I just can't muster optimism for them anymore.

Being an optimistic Bills fan right now is like having battered wife syndrome. "This time it will be different." "He can change." "Things are going to get better soon." "He still loves me." "It's my fault." "Just give it a little more time and everything will be ok." "You just don't understand."

I love the Bills and always root hard for them to win, but I just can't muster optimism for them anymore.

Then get a divorce, maybe you can find the right team for you

To all the yougsters and newbies telling us old farts to be patient, I admire the positive outlike. I recall those days. :lol:

Ok. I am not sure what you see about this administration that I cannot. I think Buddy Nix is a good college talent evaluator. He is putting all of his eggs into the draft basket. It is still too early to even grade his drafts yet.

Next year Buddy will have to spend more money and we shall see what he does with free agency at that time. So far he has done nothing outside of the draft.

Chan Gailey is a proven excellent Offensive Coach. Jury is still out on him as a head coach though. His decision to swith to 3-4 last year seemed to be a bad one. The Spiller pick? Hmmmm.

I've been watching this team since 1963. I have seen many bad teams, some that were just plain eye watering bad. I have seen a few good teams ('73-75), a few very good teams ('80-81, 98-99) a great team (64-65) and even a great era(88-95). I am patient and loyal with this team. I try to be fair. We all, as Bills die hards, we deserve the right to be cynical every now and then.

That Bob is a a very well spoken response. Especially the last paragraph. It's nice to know a little more about you graybeards.

I assure you i go back and forth with my devotion each during each game even. such as tonights game. enough to drive a fan to :beer:

Ok. I am not sure what you see about this administration that I cannot. I think Buddy Nix is a good college talent evaluator. He is putting all of his eggs into the draft basket. It is still too early to even grade his drafts yet. Next year Buddy will have to spend more money and we shall see what he does with free agency at that time. So far he has done nothing outside of the draft.

I think that he really is going to build his team through the draft. He seems to be evaluating every player and seeing if they can play to the coaches expectations, and if they dont he is moving on. He isnt spending money on patchwork players who could help this team in areas of need instead he is giving lesser players on the roster the chance to prove themselves to the point of losing games. If they play good we win if they dont we lose and get better draft picks. I see his way and although it stinks to watch right now the future if he is good at drafting will be bright. Thats how I see it...

Hello all, I've lurked here for a while, posted occasionally and had some decent activity in the shout box. I've noticed one overwhelming trend on this forum, one of extreme pessimism, glass is half empty type of outlook. Now, while I won't sit here and try to defend some horribly pointless reasoning that there shouldn't be a lot of pessimists here, I will say that I feel its time we start to turn it around. I understand, as all of you do, the Bills have been bad for a very long time, waaaaaaay too long. However I feel there needs to come a point where overwhelming pessimism begins to turn into optimism. This isn't going to be a one day thing because like I've said, we've been bad for a very long time. I personally feel, as I know others do, that this administration and front office is going to take this team places. They seem to have a view of what they want this team to look like and they are slowly and methodically moving towards that. We knew, at least I knew, when Gailey and Nix came into the Bills that this process was going to take a few years till we started to finally see some solid results. At the end of last year you could begin to see what this team could look like a few years down the road and its very exciting. I have a positive outlook for this season (as I always do) and think this is the time we're gonna see some turn around because I just truly don't believe we will be bad forever, I can't. So here's to this season, may we see substantial progress in the year to come, and have some faith in the guys!! GO BILLS!!!

Optimism is a good thing, but you have to be somewhat realistic at the same time. I'm completely optimistic that this team is finally moving in the right direction, but I'm also realistic to say that we are going to stink this year. Until we have an offensive line that can block someone we are going nowhere, period. Hopefully, this year's draft was as good as a lot of us think and we have another solid one next year and make a playoff push. Who knows, two or three good drafts and we may be a serious contender.

The defense looked pretty serious when Merriman was on the field last week and hopefully that is what we'll see this year over what we did tonight, but the O-Line is in rough, rough shape. That was the worst defense in the league last year (sans Elvis and Miller). Fitzpatrick will be lucky to make it out of this season alive and Spiller has basically no hope of progressing with a line like that.

If we are bad enough to get Luck, great, if not hopefully we are bad enough to get the best O-Lineman in the draft. I think Fitz would be a baller with an extra second or two in the pocket.