Busted Davis hurt again

Not good for a chance to make this team.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/2011/08/15/wr-davis-to-be-out-for-a-while/

Buddy will probably want to keep him anyway, and IR him, depending on the severity. They should just cut him and get it over with.

Davis signed a 1 year contract with the Bills. I'm no expert on all the ins and outs of putting somebody on IR, but if he's gonna be a free agent after the 2011 season anyway, why would you put him on IR for 2011? Even if Nix thinks he's the second coming of Andre Reed, how would putting Davis on IR enable Nix to keep him off the free agent market after the 2011 season ends?

http://www.sfexaminer.com/sports/nfl/2011/08/wr-davis-seeking-fresh-start-buffalo-bills-0

Davis wasn't laughing Friday, a day after signing a one-year contract with the Bills.

Or was Davis injured so often during 4 seasons in San Diego that he currently lacks the 4 seasons of accrued service necessary to become an unrestricted free agent after the 2011 season? If so, and if Davis went on IR this year, would he still be only a restricted free agent after 2011?

Buddy will probably want to keep him anyway, and IR him, depending on the severity. They should just cut him and get it over with.

What a shock? Hurt again? He probably will stay around because Buddy had a hand in drafting him, and with this regime that seems to be what is most important.

I hate when they call him "Craig"

The only reason they call him Buster, is the first four letters are "Bust" as in first round bust.

That combined with the fact that he has hand's of brick, and average at best speeed...This doesn't bode well for him. At some point Nix has to realize he made a mistake back in SD, and there is no fixing it. No need to bring the mistake to Buffalo...

Naaman didn't really impress me last year, but so far in camp and the 1st preseason game he has looked like a real NFL WR. I don't see how he could get cut regardless. I second the comment to keep Hubbard, despite his DWI...

Davis signed a 1 year contract with the Bills. I'm no expert on all the ins and outs of putting somebody on IR, but if he's gonna be a free agent after the 2011 season anyway, why would you put him on IR for 2011? Even if Nix thinks he's the second coming of Andre Reed, how would putting Davis on IR enable Nix to keep him off the free agent market after the 2011 season ends?

Now I'm not a GM...But I would imagine that Davis won't exactly be lighting up the free agent market...He will be lucky to get another shot in the league. This is a moot point IMO.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

That combined with the fact that he has hand's of brick, and average at best speeed...This doesn't bode well for him. At some point Nix has to realize he made a mistake back in SD, and there is no fixing it. No need to bring the mistake to Buffalo...

Naaman didn't really impress me last year, but so far in camp and the 1st preseason game he has looked like a real NFL WR. I don't see how he could get cut regardless. I second the comment to keep Hubbard, despite his DWI...

One year contract doesn't really suggest Nix went out on a limb here. I know I wasn't expecting anything extraordinary out of the signing -- it was more like "well, if he amounts to anything, great."

One year contract doesn't really suggest Nix went out on a limb here. I know I wasn't expecting anything extraordinary out of the signing -- it was more like "well, if he amounts to anything, great."

Yeah I don't think Nix went "out on a limb" that wasn't the point of my post, clearly Nix wasn't ready to own up to Davis being a bust yet. Now we have seen him, he is the exact same player he was in SD...An injury prone disappointment, let him go and lets see what the young prospects can do.

Edited by Turbosrrgood