Who said Peyton wasnt any good?

crackur

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait until you have an offensive line, and a pro bowl tight end, and the AFC's leading rusher, and 3 pro bowl calibre wide receivers and a 2nd decent tight end and THEN you'll be ready to play.

168059[/snapback]

What drug are you on? Tell me - I want some. Pollard and Clark are not pro-bowl caliber TE's. There not even in the top 5 of TE's in the league.

Stokley is not a pro-bowl WR. He is having a good year because of Harrison and Wayne.

Buffalo had the same type of threat in 2002. Eric Moulds, Peerless Price, and Travis Henry. Did we throw 47 TD's? NO!

Peyton is a freak - DONT HATE!

Wait until you have an offensive line, and a pro bowl tight end, and the AFC's leading rusher, and 3 pro bowl calibre wide receivers and a 2nd decent tight end and THEN you'll be ready to play.

168059[/snapback]

3 Pro Bowl caliber WRs??? Bwhahahahah. There is one reason all those guys look like Pro Bowlers: Peyton Manning. Harrison is the only one that could jump teams and still put up huge numbers.

Man you're in denial.

You'd think somebody that appreciates Tom Brady's skills would look at Manning and marvel, because they're very similar QBs. First of all, they make everybody around them seem way better than they actually are. Both read Ds quickly and get rid of the ball fast...Peyton makes that line look much better than they are, just like Brady makes the Pats Oline look fantastic too. I think the problem you're encountering is you realize all these things I've said, and also realize that Peyton does all these things better than Brady, and you just can't 't cope with it, so you resort to questioning Peyton's attributes as a QB.

Give Peyton NEs D and he'd have 2 SB rings too. This is a team game, Peyton has done his job as well as it can be done for years. The fact that he doesn't have a ring doesn't negatively reflect on him at all.

Not exactly sure what Indy's full strength OL would look like, but it makes for an interesting read looking up where his current OL got picked.

Manning is playing behind:

1 1st rounder, 1 4th rounder, 2 7th rounders and an UDFA.

I guess it kind of has to be like this with the number of cap dollars Indy has invested in some offensive players, like Manning. But it doesn't exactly put Manning performance in a worse light, even though he does have very good offensive targets to play with and plays in a dome.

Credit to coaching and schemes as well.

3 Pro Bowl caliber WRs??? Bwhahahahah.  There is one reason all those guys look like Pro Bowlers: Peyton Manning.  Harrison is the only one that could jump teams and still put up huge numbers.

Man you're in denial.

You'd think somebody that appreciates Tom Brady's skills would look at Manning and marvel, because they're very similar QBs.  First of all, they make everybody around them seem way better than they actually are.  Both read Ds quickly and get rid of the ball fast...Peyton makes that line look much better than they are, just like Brady makes the Pats Oline look fantastic too.  I think the problem you're encountering is you realize all these things I've said, and also realize that Peyton does all these things better than Brady, and you just can't 't cope with it, so you resort to questioning Peyton's attributes as a QB.

Give Peyton NEs D and he'd have 2 SB rings too.  This is a team game, Peyton has done his job as well as it can be done for years.  The fact that he doesn't have a ring doesn't negatively reflect on him at all.

168094[/snapback]

THANK-YOU SIR!

Peyton Manning haters like to say that Peyton is good because of his WR's. How do you know that? How do you know that HIS WR's arent good because of HIM!

Dumbass. I also seem to remember Thurman's team raping Marvin Harrison before the ball left Peyton's hands last year in the AFC Championship game.

THANK-YOU SIR!

Peyton Manning haters like to say that Peyton is good because of his WR's. How do you know that? How do you know that HIS WR's arent good because of HIM!

Dumbass. I also seem to remember Thurman's team raping Marvin Harrison before the ball left Peyton's hands last year in the AFC Championship game.

168099[/snapback]

Buddy Thomas, is that you?

168059[/snapback]

This is the moment that you Patsy trolls start to lose your respect for the board and begin rubbing sh-- in our faces. Here's the deal fukkwad...we sucked this year. You were the Super Bowl Champs. We weren't supposed to be in this position. You were. You find it necessary to rub your sh-- in our faces NOW?

Please...on any given Sunday you could typically provide some relatively interesting insight. Don't start becoming a braggart douchebag in the process.

You guys are great. We suck. Big fugggin' revelation there. The difference is...we're starting to get better. One day...whether you like it or not...things will turn. I suggest, in the meantime, you practice a little self-restraint...if at all possible.

What a fuggin maroon you guys ultimately become. No class whatsoever.

I think Payton is THE BEST quarterback I have ever seen, including montana.  The guy is simply amazing.

168279[/snapback]

Thats how I feel. It is not just him snapping and throwing.

First of all - he calls his own plays - that usually takes a full offensive coordinator duties to do that, and he does it by himself.

Secondly. Half of his plays are audibles that get the recievers open.

Thirdly. I believe he is simply the best defensive reader to ever play the game. He reads a defense better than any other QB I have ever seen play the game.

Thirdly. I believe he is simply the best defensive reader to ever play the game. He reads a defense better than any other QB I have ever seen play the game.

168335[/snapback]

He definitely reads a lousy defense better than any other QB, and his offense is designed to exploit it. He's a terrific player, but let's not pretend that Tom Moore irons Peyton's shirts. Peyton is NOT the de facto OC. Tom Moore has done a great job of designing an offense which uses Peyton's skills to a maximim.

Manning does not have the luxury of calling any offensive play he wants when he gets to the line of scrimmage. He has several options, and he's very good at it. But let's not overstate it.

He definitely reads a lousy defense better than any other QB, and his offense is designed to exploit it. He's a terrific player, but let's not pretend that Tom Moore irons Peyton's shirts. Peyton is NOT the de facto OC. Tom Moore has done a great job of designing an offense which uses Peyton's skills to a maximim.

Manning does not have the luxury of calling any offensive play he wants when he gets to the line of scrimmage. He has several options, and he's very good at it. But let's not overstate it.

168346[/snapback]

What are you talking about? Pull your head out of your ass. He is doing the SAME THING Jim Kelly did in the 90's with calling his own plays, except for the fact that Peyton is a better audibler.

What are you talking about? Pull your head out of your ass. He is doing the SAME THING Jim Kelly did in the 90's with calling his own plays, except for the fact that Peyton is a better audibler.

168687[/snapback]

Actually, no he's not. Peyton has 3 play calls (given to him by Moore) that he can give at the line of scrimmage, 2 passes and 1 run. He reads the D and calls one of those 3 plays based on how the D is lined up. It’s generally a good idea to know what you're talking about before you start calling for people to "pull their heads out of their ass".

None of this, however, diminishes what Peyton does out there on the field. He might just be the most intelligent (in terms of football smarts) QB the NFL has ever seen.