What did I miss during last night's game?

Beerball

The Chicago Bears and Buffalo Bills got in trouble during their preseason game for moving the kickoffs back to the 30.

Is this what the quick talk between Gold and Batten (I think that who it was) before a Bears KO?

Did anyone catch the fact that they weren't kicking off from the 35?

link

When I saw the game last night I seem to remember the bills announcers mentioning that they had the option on where they wanted to kick it from? I thought it was weird but I took their word for it. All the more reason tasker should hang up the mic and maybe help out our special teams unit this year instead? Lol just sayin...

When I saw the game last night I seem to remember the bills announcers mentioning that they had the option on where they wanted to kick it from? I thought it was weird but I took their word for it. All the more reason tasker should hang up the mic and maybe help out our special teams unit this year instead? Lol just sayin...

Chicago either thought they had an option or they simply decided to kick from the 30 regardless.

I'm still wanting to know what the conversation between Gold and Batten was about prior to a Bears KO. I wonder if Batten planted Gold on a previous kick?

Yeah, Mr Special Teams himself, Steve Tasker said that teams had the option to move back to the 30. I thought that was weird, but didnt pay it too much attention.

Maybe both teams agreed so they could actually practice coverage/returns instead of just watching a touchback?!?

Yeah, Mr Special Teams himself, Steve Tasker said that teams had the option to move back to the 30. I thought that was weird, but didnt pay it too much attention.

Maybe both teams agreed so they could actually practice coverage/returns instead of just watching a touchback?!?

I watched parts of many games over the past 4 days so I can't remember which one...but one team decided to kick the ball extremely high. They were surrounding the returner and quickly made the stop before he could get up to speed. If teams decide to go that route you may see an increase in high speed colisions, exactly the opposite of what the league is trying for.

I watched parts of many games over the past 4 days so I can't remember which one...but one team decided to kick the ball extremely high. They were surrounding the returner and quickly made the stop before he could get up to speed. If teams decide to go that route you may see an increase in high speed colisions, exactly the opposite of what the league is trying for.

I thought of the same thing. This is basically like Rugby. Just like in the NFL, it's a live ball off Rugby kickoffs. We used to use the "pop-fly" kick and get our coverage down the pitch and sometimes even fielded the kick ourselves and got possession.

If I were a ST coach, Id be utilizing those high kicks. And forget tackling, GO GET THAT BALL! The only problem is, sometimes theyll end up being much shorter than you want and the other team ends up with good field position...