Gaileys ego

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've said this before and I really don't think that you're going to see a lot of it in the Preseason. They are going to keep it pretty close to the vest. Again, Gailey is being forced to do this because the O line is bad. I'm excited to see what it looks like when Chan unleashes it a bit more.

Until there is tape the second half of the season and the Oline starts playing better as a unit it is a good plan Hope for less injuries and they will do fine.

What are these "trick/gadget" plays that people speak of? Bubble screens? Quick hitches? Running the Qb out of the spread?

These are not "trick/gadget" plays. They are part of the spread offense. They are plays that maximize the Bills personnel.

I didn't see any double reverses, double passes, fleet flickers or hook and ladders. Those are trick/gadget plays.

Gailey is smart. He doesn't have an O line so he is spreading out opposing defenses and getting the front 7 off of the field and making DB's make tackles. Sounds like good coaching to me.

another good post, the scheme is a spread not wildcat, and there are a lot of options and chances to disguise what they are going to do in that scheme including the wildcat which is not a trick play but a variation on that scheme.

youtube.com/watch?v=gfd27GszG_Q&feature=fvst

Playboy is probably #34 and maybe defend greese all rolled into one (isn't he tricky speaking of tricks), why am I seeing this post even? I though I blocked him already.

What are these "trick/gadget" plays that people speak of? Bubble screens? Quick hitches? Running the Qb out of the spread?

These are not "trick/gadget" plays. They are part of the spread offense. They are plays that maximize the Bills personnel.

I didn't see any double reverses, double passes, fleet flickers or hook and ladders. Those are trick/gadget plays.

Gailey is smart. He doesn't have an O line so he is spreading out opposing defenses and getting the front 7 off of the field and making DB's make tackles. Sounds like good coaching to me.

The spread offense will never work in the NFL - I know this because I read it many times right here on TSW. B-)

(The 'spread' is even more unusable in the pros if the QB lines up in the shotgun, according to the experts.)

PS: the Hitler video - hilarious! :lol::thumbsup:

The spread offense will never work in the NFL - I know this because I read it many times right here on TSW. B-)

(The 'spread' is even more unusable in the pros if the QB lines up in the shotgun, according to the experts.)

PS: the Hitler video - hilarious! :lol::thumbsup:

I'm not in favor of the Bills running a true spread. Like every other scheme in the NFL the Bills will have a base offense but multiple schemes. Coaches in the NFL realize that running one scheme will get you killed.

Charlie Weiss is the greatest offensive mind in the game. If you look at his offenses over the years they never look the same. He adapts to personnel and conditions and that is why guys like Brady Quinn, Clausen and Cassell looked like world beaters in his offense.

Gailey is doing the same thing and bringing something a little different if they use Brad Smith the way that I think they will. If it fails, then it's hard to blame Gailey beacuse he's playing the hand that he's been dealt. Nix is the one who forgot how to do 2 things at once (Build O&D lines simultaneously).

BTW, I listen to your boy Leach on Rivals radio all of the time. He is such a smart guy but someone should buy him a book on emotional intelligence. He buries himself every time he takes the mic.

I'm not in favor of the Bills running a true spread. Like every other scheme in the NFL the Bills will have a base offense but multiple schemes. Coaches in the NFL realize that running one scheme will get you killed.

Charlie Weiss is the greatest offensive mind in the game. If you look at his offenses over the years they never look the same. He adapts to personnel and conditions and that is why guys like Brady Quinn, Clausen and Cassell looked like world beaters in his offense.

Gailey is doing the same thing and bringing something a little different if they use Brad Smith the way that I think they will. If it fails, then it's hard to blame Gailey beacuse he's playing the hand that he's been dealt. Nix is the one who forgot how to do 2 things at once (Build O&D lines simultaneously).

BTW, I listen to your boy Leach on Rivals radio all of the time. He is such a smart guy but someone should buy him a book on emotional intelligence. He buries himself every time he takes the mic.

As much as I like Chan and believe in his offensive game planning and play-calling talents, I still wish we'd bring in Leach in some capacity - OC, QBs coach, quality control, or maybe just 'guy in charge of providing entertaining quotes / belittling the opposition' B-)

(Latest scuttlebutt has Leach as a leading candidate to replace Howard Schnellenberger at FAU, who's retiring after this season, but personally I see The Pirate landing at UCLA next season.)

I agree that Chan will mix things up on offense this season, keeping the games both competitive and exciting. A 'gadget play' thrown in here and there is always entertaining, especially when you catch your opponent flat-footed and red-faced - and the occasional trick play keeps the other guys 'on their toes' can even sometimes relieve the pressure from a [perceived or real] deficient O-line. JMO.

GO BILLSSS!!!!

post-2970-008086300 1313429221_thumb.jpg

Edited by The Senator

I love the Bills,but when the season starts we are going to get our a@@es kicked on a weekly basis.No QB and a college offense.Fitz is desperately trying to get chemistry with Jones,but it doesnt look promising.Dareus and Merriman were the bright spots but Merriman is out again with a "minor" leg injury.All those years of juicing killed his body so we cant count on him.We should get Luck though because the only win I see is here against miami in dec.Thats if Gailey thinks he can turn him into more of an option QB.LOL.

I love the Bills,but when the season starts we are going to get our a@@es kicked on a weekly basis.No QB and a college offense.Fitz is desperately trying to get chemistry with Jones,but it doesnt look promising.Dareus and Merriman were the bright spots but Merriman is out again with a "minor" leg injury.All those years of juicing killed his body so we cant count on him.We should get Luck though because the only win I see is here against miami in dec.Thats if Gailey thinks he can turn him into more of an option QB.LOL.

Dude have you ever had anything good to say about your "team"?

Gailey is going to hold us back with all these gadget and gimmick plays.Im sick of the wildcat already.He thinks it makes him look smart.The only reason they havnt brought in a legitimate QB is so he can run all of these crappy plays and formations.These plays always bring our QB out of the game.Look at all of the playoff teams and see if they rely on gimmicks or if they just use their talent and game plan.You dont want to bring your most valuable player,your QB out of the game unless he isnt that talented.As long as hes running the offense we wont see a real QB in Buffalo.We will continue to run the played out wildcat and a college spread offense.And dont be surprised if Fitz is gone next year and Thigpen

and Smith are our QBs

And you coached where and what level? Hmmmm havent heard of you..... Did you interview for the job? Bitter they didnt hire you? Bla bla bla

Using "our" and "we" to disguise your trollistic identity.

You're a loser.Enjoy your loser team.

I wish I could say good things,but the Bills are a mess and don't have to be.Dareus looks good = there.

But it's pretty easy to see… you let your guard down and it's clear you're nothing but a troll… the lowest form of loser on the internet… someone who goes to someone else's neighborhood for the sole reason of stirring up shyt.

Good bye, loser.

There seems to be a lot of talk about whether or not we'd be better off tanking the season so we can get Luck(y), or trying to put together the best season we can, and use that as a stepping stone to bigger and better things. I agree, besides O-line, QB is our biggest concern...behind Fitz-bearded-one.

Which begs the question...does anyone know which QBs will be free agents next year? Drafting one, even Luck, is a gamble. Getting one who has proven himself might be safer

Gailey is going to hold us back with all these gadget and gimmick plays.Im sick of the wildcat already.He thinks it makes him look smart.The only reason they havnt brought in a legitimate QB is so he can run all of these crappy plays and formations.These plays always bring our QB out of the game.Look at all of the playoff teams and see if they rely on gimmicks or if they just use their talent and game plan.You dont want to bring your most valuable player,your QB out of the game unless he isnt that talented.As long as hes running the offense we wont see a real QB in Buffalo.We will continue to run the played out wildcat and a college spread offense.And dont be surprised if Fitz is gone next year and Thigpen and Smith are our QBs.

Frankly ... give me a coach with an ego who is willing to put his neck on the line by calling the offensive plays in the game. I want a bold and brazen coach who is the one in control. What Gailey gives us is a coach whose offensive skills are highly respected in the league for his ability to hone players skills to their highest level while also being creative in his play calling.

Gailey came to a team that was infamous for Dick's goal to try to play it close with nothing creative about the offense. Jauron's game plan was not about winning big and overwhelming his opponents. So, it took some time for Chan to make adjustments and yes he made some mistakes such as with Edwards (It will be interesting to see if Edwards is the Raiders starting QB when they come to Buffalo in Week 2). But, he is building an offensive team with attitude that has a leader on the field willing to go all out. Jets' fans are bemoaning the fact that we got Smith so his 'gadget and gimmick' plays are clearly appreciated by fans, coaches, and players in the league ... sorry that you don't seem to see a value to catching the other team off guard or making them game plan for the unexpected.

So, in our first preseason game Gailey didn't publish our regular play book ... do you really think that matters? Do you really think that preseason games mean anything? Gailey showcased the possibilities of our team in Week One and we'll just have to see what he has in store for us tonight.

But, in 2010 he gave us an offense that put up nearly 20 points a game even though our defense didn't give the offense time on the field to do very much. We had a quarterback throw for 3000 yards in 12 games. We had a running back gain nearly 1000 yards even though he didn't start for the first games of the season. Frankly, I am excited about this offense ... CHAN GAILEY's OFFENSE ... and if it fails his ego is strong enough to say he game-planned it and called the plays. That's the kind of offensive-minded head coach I want. No dumping off on the assistant coaches ... it's his team.

And, now on defense we have Gaiiley's mirror image in our new Assistant Head Coach. Wannstedt has been gifted with a new line-up of players who want to win and make big plays. There is clearly a new attitude at ONE BILLS' DRIVE plus Dareus and Williams are going to wreak some serious havoc up front. Wannstedt is cocky too ... Wanstedt has an ego too ... Wanstedt wants to win and I think he will be kicking butt if his D looks anything like last year's. You can already see McKelvin's game being ratcheted up, Edwards is healthy, Carrington, and the rest of the starters are out to get the ball.

So, those who want a demure quiet coach without an ego who doesn't try to put an imprint on the game might start to petition to bring us the Cleveland Brown's defensive guy ... his name is Dick something ... and he would never show any emotion nor ego nor claim to have a game plan ... but he might be the quiet type you are looking for who let's his players play ... maybe he might even hope that his team wins by 2 or 3 points ...

Chan Gailey is a better football coach Todd Hailey!

Bam

I give you two names....trent edwards and cornell green.

The fact that those guys were benched immedietely upon sucking and not "seeing if they will improve" is proof that Chan Gailey does not have an ego

A coach with an ego would have continued playing the guys he initially chose

Bam

Which is only one reason we are gonna win our first game!

Bam

Gailey is going to hold us back with all these gadget and gimmick plays.Im sick of the wildcat already.He thinks it makes him look smart.The only reason they havnt brought in a legitimate QB is so he can run all of these crappy plays and formations.These plays always bring our QB out of the game.Look at all of the playoff teams and see if they rely on gimmicks or if they just use their talent and game plan.You dont want to bring your most valuable player,your QB out of the game unless he isnt that talented.As long as hes running the offense we wont see a real QB in Buffalo.We will continue to run the played out wildcat and a college spread offense.And dont be surprised if Fitz is gone next year and Thigpen and Smith are our QBs.

I know it, you know it, and Gailey knows it....we cannot go toe to toe with the Patriots, and arguably the Jets. The gimmick and the wildcat doesn't make him look smart it makes him look like a coach that's trying to give his young, underdog team a different dimension. It gives Billicheck another formation to prepare for, taking time away from other aspects, something to keep them guessing.

Dude I often say dumb **** but you are off in your own little world.

What gives with you? Are you the only one who has suffered four straight superbowl losses, countless bad personel moves, years of futility, and bad front office moves?

I get mad about alot of **** that goes on but I will root for whomever we have at all facets of the organization.

1. Jesus

2. My children

3. Buffalo bills

4. Buffalo sabres

5. My wife

That's life!

I give you two names....trent edwards and cornell green.

The fact that those guys were benched immedietely upon sucking and not "seeing if they will improve" is proof that Chan Gailey does not have an ego

A coach with an ego would have continued playing the guys he initially chose

I think he has an ego but he is the one in charge ... he's not going to worry about player complaints, this board's "insight," or the media's reactions to his decisions. The man is a head coach who is in charge and willing to admit to mistakes and learn from mistakes!

Buddy and Chan bring us something we haven't had since Marv and Polian.