How bad will the Bills OTs be?

DC Grid

99 members have voted

1. 1. How bad will the Bills OTs be this year?

• An unmitigated disaster.
    • The worst in the league.
    • The worst of all time.
    • Not all that bad.

I haven't heard a peep about Pears. Isn't that a good thing? Seems like a RT only gets noticed when **** goes wrong...

Also, based on ACTUAL snap by snap analyses in 2010 (Rumblings), Bell's lone issue was strength, an issue I'm CERTAIN will be resolved now that he's not rehabbing.

We have NO DEPTH, that's the problem. But as far as starters go, they should be just fine.

What kills me is that we made a clear and present effort to bulk up the D, and that WITHOUT QUESTION should have been the priority after last year.

Meanwhile, the 2011 draft had one of the least talented OL pools in recent decades, and unless you're equating the NFL with the other pro leagues you know that stud OLineman rarely free up in FA, and even less often through trades.

Factor in the time crunch created by the lockout, and I'm left scratching my head wondering where the Bills were meant to conjure all this available talent in the off season.

I know folks will rebut with what they think is a snappy shut-me-up response in "Clabo," and the same folks who go through life so pissed off that they hop on the Internet just to kick the FO will say it was yet another in a long line of "failures" but Clabo stayed at home in ATL, the team with the best regular season record in the NFL 2010. We were a bargaining chip, and if you're too dumb to understand that or too naive as to think we actually had a shot, I weep for you.

I guess you haven't been reading the updates from camp. Hairston looks lost out there and can't handle rushers from the edge. He is a fourth round pick and is no better than Wang. I don't ever see him starting let alone by week 5.

I still have a good feeling about him. Mark my words, he will be the starter there for the next 3 years, then he'll leave. He needs to be coached up a little, but he will get it.

Get on the record now, so no one can accuse you of Monday morning Qb-ing later. Show that unlike Nix you can spot obvious holes that will cripple a team.

I vote the bottom 20% of the league. That translates to godawful

People keep forgetting that our line was praised the last couple of years for being pretty good,the problem has been the injuries.

That's what I'm concerned about this year too, especially with the lack of offseason workouts. In the same vein though we have a better defense/pass rush this year, so hopefully they get used to playing at a higher tempo with the higher quality of practice...

I haven't heard a peep about Pears. Isn't that a good thing? Seems like a RT only gets noticed when **** goes wrong...

Also, based on ACTUAL snap by snap analyses in 2010 (Rumblings), Bell's lone issue was strength, an issue I'm CERTAIN will be resolved now that he's not rehabbing.

We have NO DEPTH, that's the problem. But as far as starters go, they should be just fine.

What kills me is that we made a clear and present effort to bulk up the D, and that WITHOUT QUESTION should have been the priority after last year.

Meanwhile, the 2011 draft had one of the least talented OL pools in recent decades, and unless you're equating the NFL with the other pro leagues you know that stud OLineman rarely free up in FA, and even less often through trades.

Factor in the time crunch created by the lockout, and I'm left scratching my head wondering where the Bills were meant to conjure all this available talent in the off season.

You are right about no depth. You are wrong about the O-Line otherwise being fine, at least based on last year's performance. We were 20th in pass pro last year even using a blocking TE exclusively and schemes designed to have Fitz get the ball out of his hands as quickly as possible. Not good. As for Clabo, what were we doing letting ourselves be used as a bargaining chip? I guess we were pretty dumb. Of course he wanted badly to stay with the team he grew up with. But if we went after him, and we did, its because there was a chance of landing him. He wanted a five year contract and the Falcons were only offering three. We were prepared to sign him for five years. Had they not met his contract demands he would probably now be a Bill. The other way to come at it would have been to offer more money, and the word is that we did not do that. He got 5MM per. Maybe we should have offered 7. BTW Gaither signed with the Chiefs, another team with O-Line problems. I guess Scott Pioli, who built the NE Patriots and is now rebuilding the Chiefs, hadn't heard that Gaither was injured and couldn't play (he passed his physical). We didn't even bring him in for a look and a cup of coffee.

I know folks will rebut with what they think is a snappy shut-me-up response in "Clabo," and the same folks who go through life so pissed off that they hop on the Internet just to kick the FO will say it was yet another in a long line of "failures" but Clabo stayed at home in ATL, the team with the best regular season record in the NFL 2010. We were a bargaining chip, and if you're too dumb to understand that or too naive as to think we actually had a shot, I weep for you.

Rinse and repeat. Hope you are right about our O-Line being just fine. We were 20th in pass pro last year even using a blocking TE exclusively and schemes designed to get the ball out of Fitz hands quickly. Not good, at least based on last years results. BTW the Chiefs, who also have O-Line issues, just signed Jared Gaither. Guess Scott Pioli didn't hear he was a headcase and couldn't pass a physical (ergo he passed the Chiefs physical).