Fair Share

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Then it is okay if I write off my corporate jet that I use to fly to DC to do some lobbying?

i suppose when you can only see in black and white, a corporate jet used for lobbying and paper for the copy machine are the same thing. nuance is not your strength.

lobbyists can't fly commercial?

Of course they can and most likely should. In fact it's possible that there are some IRS restrictions on certain deductions in which you might have to show "need" in order to deduct a private flight. Anyway, you should be able to deduct reasonable expenses in your efforts to make a living.

more expensive than buying paper...nuance isn't your strong suit either...but what is?

Not after you pro-rate the printer/copier costs, and annual maintenance therof, and cost of time...

And nuance isn't OUR strong suit? :rolleyes:

Not after you pro-rate the printer/copier costs, and annual maintenance therof, and cost of time...

And nuance isn't OUR strong suit? :rolleyes:

sure that's why most small business with heavy copier needs own their own copier :wallbash:

Edited by birdog1960

sure that's why most small business with heavy copier needs own their own copier :wallbash:

Wants. Not needs. Wants.

Actually they don't. They lease their own copier.

Like most private plane "owners" lease their planes?

Wants. Not needs. Wants.

Like most private plane "owners" lease their planes?

you are seriously making an analogy between copiers and corporate jets on the basis of need? you're working way too far into the limits of reason again...but i'm becoming accustomed to it. i get it ...they're both business expenses on an absolute level but i'm not an absolutist. that's what pushed into last weeks credit rating mess.

you are seriously making an analogy between copiers and corporate jets on the basis of need? you're working way too far into the limits of reason again...but i'm becoming accustomed to it. i get it ...they're both business expenses on an absolute level but i'm not an absolutist. that's what pushed into last weeks credit rating mess.

Why do you need a copier, when you can hire an unemployed person and have them write out the invoices and type out them out. Why not use a mimeograph?

Aren't business deductions great when they only relate to your business?

you are seriously making an analogy between copiers and corporate jets on the basis of need?

You're seriously claiming copiers are a need????

you're working way too far into the limits of reason again...but i'm becoming accustomed to it. i get it ...they're both business expenses on an absolute level but i'm not an absolutist.

And yet...

here's an answer: a sliding scale percentage ( the current progressive tax scheme would do minus the bush tax cuts) of disposable income. after paying a median rent/mortgage, buying food and transportation and without loopholes

This is like shooting fish in a barrel full of fish sitting in the full hold of a fishing trawler. :w00t: