moving to buffalo

benbillsfan

im 30, love to go out and about espically when i will be meeting and spending time with the most passionate fans there is...i love chicago but dont get me wrong i know and feel i would love buffalo also...ive been through some horrible winters (understanding you get that on the weekend with the lake effect) but thats part of being who you are and where you live...your guys posts are making this alot easier on me...now my house warming ill invite you all to the bills playoff postgame party...lol...you guys are great

If you want to live in the city, near the action, as opposed to the burbs, I recommend looking for places off of Elmwood. Specifically from Summer to around Bidwell, between Richmond and Delaware.

Here's a link to a map of the area.

I've lived on Richmond, Breckenridge, and Auburn. You can find great flats to rent in large old houses at very reasonable prices. Ive also had friends live on Ashland and Lexington. That would put you in the heart of the Elmwood scene. Lots of bars, restaurants, shops and businesses either way you walk. I really liked living on Breckenridge because it's near a great part of Elmwood. Right where Spot Coffee, Blue Monk, etc. are located. It was a running joke to see how long my room mates and I could go without venturing off of our little block area. It had everything we needed.

Heading a few blocks east, Ive had friends find really nice rentals on Linwood as well.

I wouldnt go any farther West than Richmond, because then you are on the "West Side" and it gets hood, fast.

Good Luck, and GO BILLS!!

Unfortunately, you may get a lot of desperate sellers if the rumors regarding HSBC are true and they decide to significantly downsize in the Buffalo area:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2020725/At-10-000-jobs-HSBC-disappointing-start-year.html

http://www.buffalonews.com/business/business-columns/david-robinson/article459929.ece

Unfortunately, you may get a lot of desperate sellers if the rumors regarding HSBC are true and they decide to significantly downsize in the Buffalo area:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2020725/At-10-000-jobs-HSBC-disappointing-start-year.html

http://www.buffalonews.com/business/business-columns/david-robinson/article459929.ece

Those arent just rumors, I can tell you that much.

If you want to live in the city, near the action, as opposed to the burbs, I recommend looking for places off of Elmwood. Specifically from Summer to around Bidwell, between Richmond and Delaware.

Here's a link to a map of the area.

I've lived on Richmond, Breckenridge, and Auburn. You can find great flats to rent in large old houses at very reasonable prices. Ive also had friends live on Ashland and Lexington. That would put you in the heart of the Elmwood scene. Lots of bars, restaurants, shops and businesses either way you walk. I really liked living on Breckenridge because it's near a great part of Elmwood. Right where Spot Coffee, Blue Monk, etc. are located. It was a running joke to see how long my room mates and I could go without venturing off of our little block area. It had everything we needed.

Heading a few blocks east, Ive had friends find really nice rentals on Linwood as well.

I wouldnt go any farther West than Richmond, because then you are on the "West Side" and it gets hood, fast.

Good Luck, and GO BILLS!!

I've lived in the Elmwood Village since moving to Buffalo from California a little over 20 years ago. It's a great neighborhood, with great bars and restaurants within easy walking distance. The first Buffalo bar I was taken to was Coles, a Buffalo institution.

You can check out the EV Association web site for events and apartments at EVA

A great site to keep up with what's happening in Buffalo from many different aspects is Buffalo Rising

As a 30-something, the area that Dareustein suggested is optimal. Also easy walking distance to my 2 favorite restaurants--Left Bank and Bistro Europa.

Good luck.

Those arent just rumors, I can tell you that much.

First Niagara announced they bought all 195 HSBC branches in WNY.

First Niagara

They are a growing regional power and just moved into their new corporate HQs in a refurbished building in what's known as the larkin district, out past chef's restaurant.

HSBC will retain a presence in WNY, but it's uncertain to what extent. They are expanding the HSBC atrium building near the arena, but their lease is up on the tower in 2013, and they'll probably vacate.