Russ Brandon on Fan 590 Toronto

click "listen live"

1) Happy to welcome players back

2) Gotta get busy with tickets sales. They have been good but many waited for lockout to end.

3) Feel team is heading in right direction with Gailey.

4) AFC East is toughest division in NFL

5) 18 game season? Kind of dodged the question.

6) New Unis? Been looking at it for years, started process 18 months ago. Wilson involved. New unis an amalgam of 60's, 70's and 80's.

7) Joking about new Marv Levy book, says he needs several copies.

8) Why all 1pm games? Says Bills has little say but prefers 1pm games at home so fans can drive to games and get home at a decent time. But expects to be in the mix for flex games late in the year.

9) That's all. Nothing earth shaking.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

click "listen live"

2) Gotta get busy with tickets sales. They have been good but many waited for lockout to end.

I've been modestly worried about this, the season ticket drop was huge from 2009 to 2010 (then again 2009 was a near-record year) and because there were only four sellouts last year. I'm not sure if he's just saying "they've been good" because that's what businessmen do, but hopefully that means they haven't been abysmal. With yesterday's news maybe many people were so desperate about the prospect of no football that they'll open their wallets with the lift of the lockout.

Tell Russ that ticket sales will improve if they actually attempt to improve the team via FA, not just re-sign our own and sign some low level backup type players. We need to sign a couple of guys who can start and improve this team. I'm nto saying go after Asomugha, but there are plenty of good, 2nd tier FAs that could seriously help this team.