Why do America's cops need an armored tank?

In defense to my friends at BATF, they were not involved in the raid that killed all the Branch Davidians. At that point, it was a 100% FBI operation.

The initial warrant was definately ill advised, but two of the agents were shot by fully automatic weapons, so even though you might not agree with the operation or the probable cause that the warrant was issued on, they were spot on with thier belief that the Davidians were converting weapons to full auto.

I know several of the agents who were there that day (both FBI and BATF) and have talked extensively with the Agent who was on the roof and shot several times.

Could you please ask your BATF friends why it is illegal for me to make my own bourbon for my own personal consumption? I know it was illegal to home brew beer until Jimmy Carter. It just seems like an archaic law to me

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could you please ask your BATF friends why it is illegal for me to make my own bourbon for my own personal consumption? I know it was illegal to home brew beer until Jimmy Carter. It just seems like an archaic law to me

I'm with you on this one, and I'm no fan of the BATF, but in fairness they don't write the laws.

Why would he ask his BATF friends? Why don't you ask your representative to Congress? Last I checked, BATF didn't write statutes, they only enforced them.

Why would he ask his BATF friends? Why don't you ask your representative to Congress? Last I checked, BATF didn't write statutes, they only enforced them.

I have, thank you very much. I just wanted to hear an ATF opinion. I phone many agencies and representatives frequently

They always told me to never feed the trolls . . . . . . :doh:

Simple question. And I am not trolling. I would like to hear your opinion on Ruby Ridge and asked nicely

You can't have order and peace when you are fighting a war. We've given criminals a gift of a hundreds of billions a year, and now we have to fight them. The ironic part is that war is far worse than the consequences of not fighting it.

Replied to for truth. (Could say quoted for truth, but this is the internets)

Reasonable assumptions:

1. 95% of the use of these vehicles will be for drug-related search warrants, where said drug suspects have built a small fortress to protect themselves from other drug suspects, and a modern day "ram" is required to breech it's walls.

2. 4% of the use of these vehicles will be for anti-drug school programs, where said "ram" is brought in to scare the kiddies.

3. 1% of the use of these vehicles will be for a honest to God worst case scenario.

So, you remove the cause, illegal drugs, you remove the effect, 99% of the need for these armored cars.

However, Tom is right, when you need something like this, you REALLY need it, and there are few substitutes. Perhaps, instead of PDs having these resources, the National Guard could have a ready team that could be requested at a quick notice without red tape? I know, we are talking government here, so probably they are incapable of something so simple, and that means the police have to have their own.