Who Will Be

Say no to Leinert but Wallace, Thigpen, Gradkowski, T. Jackson, K. Collins or V. Young (if available) are probably who we'd have to pick from that would be decent backups. I liked what Dennis Dixon did at Pittsburgh before his knee injury which, if he came at the right price and passed a physical, I'd be willing to give him a shot as well.

To be brutally honest, the last two or three years of free agency have (in my opinion) sucked, which is one reason the drafts have been so crucial to teams. This years draft will in the long run prove to be a crucial one for the Bills in, I believe, a very positive way.

Seneca Wallace would be my first choice.....

Mine too...Cleveland reportedly signed him in early March:

Browns re-signed QB Seneca Wallace to a three-year, $9 million contract. Returning to Cleveland always made the most sense for Wallace, who has operated out of Mike Holmgren's West Coast system since entering the league in 2005. Wallace is one of the most capable backups in the league, which is key with Colt McCoy entering his first full season as a starter. The Browns' next QB move will likely be to release Jake Delhomme. Mar 3, 9:21 PM

Linky

Say no to Leinert but Wallace, Thigpen, Gradkowski, T. Jackson, K. Collins or V. Young (if available) are probably who we'd have to pick from that would be decent backups. I liked what Dennis Dixon did at Pittsburgh before his knee injury which, if he came at the right price and passed a physical, I'd be willing to give him a shot as well.

To be brutally honest, the last two or three years of free agency have (in my opinion) sucked, which is one reason the drafts have been so crucial to teams. This years draft will in the long run prove to be a crucial one for the Bills in, I believe, a very positive way.

A QB named Gradkowski on the Bills......gotta love that!

Edited by DrFishfinder

I would take a flyer on Dennis Dixon QB FA Steelers. Young good talent and smart.

He was tendered in early March by the Steelers, existing round tender. Would you surrender a low draft pick to acquire Dixon?

As long term options?

None

As backup replacements for Brohm: Matt Moore, Tyler Thigpen, or Bruce Gradkowski

Those are the very three I was going to mention. Thigpen seems like a no-brainer. Moore did a lot with a similar structure of offense, and Gradkowski looked terrific at times, much like Fitz, but I believe (I didn't usually watch all of their games, so I just am going on what I recall from highlights and passing stats) that he was less prone to interceptions.

Matt Leinert didn't get a chance? RU kidding? He was placed in as the starter over Kurt Warner when he came to the Cards. After a couple of years they wised up and put Warner in.

Buddy says we're getting a vet who can help us win games if Fitz gets hurt.

I'd like to see Seneca Wallace or Troy Smith or Marc Bulger or Alex Smith or Todd Collins or Kerry Collins or Tavaris Jackson or Billy Volek. Any one of those would be good with me. If Tennessee is stupid enough to cut him, then Vince Young.

Well 3 out of 8 isn't bad . Are you for real wanting to bring Collins back :wallbash: you must be a gluten for punishment !! Troy Smith , Marc Bulger & Voleck are the only ones that might have a chance or be worth it , Seneca Wallace , Tavaris Jackson , come on man .

I don't see Tenn. letting Collins go after getting rid of Young & i don't know if Gailey likes to work with immature all about me types like Young , Alex Smith if for nothing else i think will be kept around for the 49ers veteran back up .