Big Ben has created problems

BF_in_Indiana

Big Ben has created problems for the other rookie QB's in the NFL, including J.P Losman. The NY media is having a field day comparing Ben to Eli when in reality Big Ben has a great cast around him and isn't being asked to do a lot.

Bills fans will be the next group to start into the comparison as soon as J.P gets in there and struggles early either next year or the year after. Comparing them just isn't fair. Most rookies start out horribly. Peyton Manning was no exception.

The bar has been set very (and unfairly) high by Ben. I hope Bills fans aren't quick to turn on J.P when he struggles early.

That's a good point. I expect Losman to struggle for at least half a season whenever he takes over at QB. It's just the price you pay when turning over a new leaf.

Perfect examples, Manning and Brees. Also, Pennington sat for quite sometime which is why I'm not in any rush to get Losman in there.

I disagree. I dont think Ben is great. I think he is on a great team, and he only throws in opportune times. He is good, just not as great as everyone wants him to be.

165464[/snapback]

I agree with part of that point. I agree he is on a very good team, but he has made a lot of good throws. Eli hasn't experienced any success yet, but that doesn't mean he won't be a very good quarterback in the NFL. His brother was terrible in his rookie year, and he's about to break maybe the toughest passing record there is to break. Well I take that back, I think Johnny Unitas streak of 47 straight games with a TD is the toughest.

I agree with part of that point.  I agree he is on a very good team, but he has made a lot of good throws.  Eli hasn't experienced any success yet, but that doesn't mean he won't be a very good quarterback in the NFL.  His brother was terrible in his rookie year, and he's about to break maybe the toughest passing record there is to break.  Well I take that back, I think Johnny Unitas streak of 47 straight games with a TD is the toughest.

165477[/snapback]

I respect you BF, but you are such a hypocrite. You get on Drew for having 200 yards, 2 TD's and 2 INT ... yet you think Ben Roethlisberger is great when he throws for 120 yards, and a INT.

I agree with part of that point.  I agree he is on a very good team, but he has made a lot of good throws.  Eli hasn't experienced any success yet, but that doesn't mean he won't be a very good quarterback in the NFL.  His brother was terrible in his rookie year, and he's about to break maybe the toughest passing record there is to break.  Well I take that back, I think Johnny Unitas streak of 47 straight games with a TD is the toughest.

165477[/snapback]

I used to think Unitas' streak was the most impressive in football, but I'm begining to think Favre's 13+ seasons without missing a game is even more impressive. I can't even fathom a guy playing the QB position not missing a game in 13 seasons. The way QBs get the sh-- kicked out of them week in, week out, this stat just boggles my mind.

I used to think Unitas' streak was the most impressive in football, but I'm begining to think Favre's 13+ seasons without missing a game is even more impressive.  I can't even fathom a guy playing the QB position not missing a game in 13 seasons.  The way QBs get the sh-- kicked out of them week in, week out, this stat just boggles my mind.

165500[/snapback]

lol ... I think its funny that Peyton is chasing pretty much every single record there is for a QB. He is right behind Brett Favre for that consecutive games record ... I think Peyton is at 110 or so ...

I respect you BF, but you are such a hypocrite. You get on Drew for having 200 yards, 2 TD's and 2 INT ... yet you think Ben Roethlisberger is great when he throws for 120 yards, and a INT.

165494[/snapback]

Some people just can't get past the picks... They are gonna happen with a guy like Drew... If they don't hurt the team at critical times... No big deal... Seems lately they haven't affected field position (even know I was scared early on in the Brown's game)?

Some people just can't get past the picks... They are gonna happen with a guy like Drew... If they don't hurt the team at critical times... No big deal... Seems lately they haven't affected field position (even know I was scared early on in the Brown's game)?

165505[/snapback]

Ben has thrown for 14 TD's and 9 INT's also ... not exactly earth shattering numbers either ...

lol ... I think its funny that Peyton is chasing pretty much every single record there is for a QB. He is right behind Brett Favre for that consecutive games record ... I think Peyton is at 110 or so ...

165504[/snapback]

Manning has played for 7 years...he's just past the halfway mark for that record. It will get tougher and tougher to stay in games once he gets older...and that's IF he actually plays for 13 years.

165494[/snapback]

Did I say he was great today? No but he's been alright.

I haven't said anything about Drew since the Seattle game when he thre 3 interceptions. He threw for a lot of yards, but a couple of his picks killed drives. You can't have that out of a quarterback.

If you go back and pull a post up from after the opener I said he had a good game and he had one TD and an INT, with about 150 yards throwing. He managed the game well though, and that's what I want to see.

Hell he managed the game well Sunday against Cleveland as well and only had 100 yards throwing.

Did I say he was great today?  No but he's been alright.

I haven't said anything about Drew since the Seattle game when he thre 3 interceptions.  He threw for a lot of yards, but a couple of his picks killed drives.  You can't have that out of a quarterback.

If you go back and pull a post up from after the opener I said he had a good game and he had one TD and an INT, with about 150 yards throwing.  He managed the game well though, and that's what I want to see.

Hell he managed the game well Sunday against Cleveland as well and only had 100 yards throwing.

165512[/snapback]

I appologize then. I thought you were trying to say something else.

Ben has thrown for 14 TD's and 9 INT's also ... not exactly earth shattering numbers either ...

165508[/snapback]

For a rookie quarterback, with or without a surrounding good team, it is damn good. Tom Brady had a decent rookie year, look where he is. nuff said on that.

As for Eli, and as a Mississippi State student, I hope he and Ole Miss go to hell. Peyton is the best Manning and Eli will never come close. Good day!

For a rookie quarterback, with or without a surrounding good team, it is damn good. Tom Brady had a decent rookie year, look where he is. nuff said on that.

As for Eli, and as a Mississippi State student, I hope he and Ole Miss go to hell. Peyton is the best Manning and Eli will never come close. Good day!

165517[/snapback]

Keith. I have known you for a long time, and your opinion means nothing to me. Basically because I have seen how clueless you are about football. Look at Peyton's first year! Crappy. A lot like Eli's first year. Look where Peyton is now!

Put Ben in Arizona and he does no better than Eli is doing right now with the Giants. Nuff said. Good day!

Keith. I have known you for a long time, and your opinion means nothing to me. Basically because I have seen how clueless you are about football. Look at Peyton's first year! Crappy. A lot like Eli's first year. Look where Peyton is now!

Put Ben in Arizona and he does no better than Eli is doing right now with the Giants. Nuff said. Good day!

165519[/snapback]

Let's see....hmmmm.....normal child like response.

I wasn't comparing Ben to Peyton, I was comparing him to Tom Brady, a quarterback who did great his first year.

Take Big Ben out of Arizona and put Peyton there, even though I think Peyton is the best in the league, he wouldn't be able to do much out there in the desert. Ben has won 11 or 12 straight games, he makes plays always in crunch time, and he has a chip on his shoulder. Something you can't say about Eli.

Brady was the guy I was thinking of. The system Weis used with Brady was designed to hide his inexperience and take advantage of his strengths. The same can be said for the Steelers offense and Big Ben. He will be an excellent QB because of the way he has not been asked to shoulder the whole offense.

I would say that our own coaching staff has done a pretty good job this year of hiding Bledsoe's blemishes. By this point last year I just felt bad for the guy because his had no confidence (rightly so). I'm not sure he has yet mentally recovered from the pounding he received last year and the second half of the year before.

Manning, on the other hand, is coached by our favorite offensive coordinator, who has a fetish for the arms of QBs and only runs the ball when no one cares. Eli should have run screaming from NY when he heard Gilbride was calling the plays...

Brady was the guy I was thinking of.  The system Weis used with Brady was designed to hide his inexperience and take advantage of his strengths.  The same can be said for the Steelers offense and Big Ben.  He will be an excellent QB because of the way he has not been asked to shoulder the whole offense. 

I would say that our own coaching staff has done a pretty good job this year of hiding Bledsoe's blemishes.  By this point last year I just felt bad for the guy because his had no confidence (rightly so).  I'm not sure he has yet mentally recovered from the pounding he received last year and the second half of the year before.

Manning, on the other hand, is coached by our favorite offensive coordinator, who has a fetish for the arms of QBs and only runs the ball when no one cares.  Eli should have run screaming from NY when he heard Gilbride was calling the plays...

165536[/snapback]

Wow... I didn't know KG was OC with the Gints!