McGahee is no better than our backup

4everBills

He hasnt shown me jack squat so far, He goes down on the 1st or 2nd tackle and hasnt shown any real speed better than Travis. Dominic Rhodes, who knows hes the backup at best, WAY out plays McGahee and is WAY better right now.

Had McGahee shown more against starters, Id say the competition for the starting job is on, guess what theres no competition, Travis is our STUD.

Stick with whats proven, Travis is a GREAT back.

I hate to say this, but your right. I was expecting this break away speed, ability to cut, (basically a better back than Travis) and what I got was a guy who ran great agains backup defenders. Give him another year, get that knee (and his mind) back to 100% and until then, thank god for Travis, the horse of this team. If he has say a 1400 yrd season, that would of course be awesome this year, but also get our first round draft pick back without question...

At this point, I'd say McGahee is showing a talent level below that of Shaud. His speed to the hole is pathetic, there is no elusivness and he clearly isn't breaking away from anyone.

With that said, he's still a year away from being judged. If he plays all this season his confidence and ability should return. He had the talent, the question is, will it come back.

I guess this just shows how stupid the "trade Travis" statements were.

He hasnt shown me jack squat so far, He goes down on the 1st or 2nd tackle and hasnt shown any real speed better than Travis. Dominic Rhodes, who knows hes the backup at best, WAY out plays McGahee and is WAY better right now.

Had McGahee shown more against starters, Id say the competition for the starting job is on, guess what theres no competition, Travis is our STUD.

11811[/snapback]

Wow that's great. Good analysis. Of course you forgot Travis has about 1.2 YPC with the first string and Mcgahee now has 3.6 but it's good that you ignore facts. Of course Willis has a fumble due to a botched fleaflicker, and Travis had his on a real fumble with about 1/10 the touches that Willis has, but again ignore the facts. Other then the facts your analysis is 100% correct. :D

Another pointless argument.

Here's a newsflash...they both play for the team that you all root for!!!

They are both assets to this team...why is it important that we pigeonhole one or the other as a starter? They will both see time and they will both have successes and failures. There will be weekends this season where each (or both) of them will be heroes or goats.

Why the need to take sides? (At least until next year, when we are looking to trade one of them.) :D

Pleeze!!!! Enjoy what we've got now! There are serious weaknesses on this team that need to be addressed. Let's not B word and moan about one of our strengths.

11811[/snapback]

...and if WM rushed for 125 yards you were going to anoint him the starter?? TH is the starter for 2004 unless he goes down with an injury.