Four Downs On...

This has probably been asked like a zillion times but I will say it again

- The guy weighs 400 pounds without any real effort

- Despite that....he can move and has great agility....being able to jump that high at 370 or whatever is a incredible feet

WHY DIDN"T ANYBODY WANT HIM TILL THE 7th round......and yeah...I know he went to Bethel but you draft on potential and on the outside looking in he has tons of it.

This has probably been asked like a zillion times but I will say it again

- The guy weighs 400 pounds without any real effort

- Despite that....he can move and has great agility....being able to jump that high at 370 or whatever is a incredible feet

WHY DIDN"T ANYBODY WANT HIM TILL THE 7th round......and yeah...I know he went to Bethel but you draft on potential and on the outside looking in he has tons of it.

Well, I think part of the answer to that question is nobody knew about him. Despite the wealth of information out there, teams just don't know about everyone -- particularly not a kid who had been to three different schools. I believe I read in one of the write-ups that he did get some attention a year or so ago, but was told by scouts he'd need to lose 100 lbs. -- at that point the Bills' scout talked to him about getting "under 400" and then kept it under wraps.

Leaving a Division I-A program before even getting on the field, and then winding up playing for a school like Bethel, would have been viewed as a big negative by the majority of scouts.

It sounds crazy, but maybe the Bills just got a little lucky (and also made their own luck)?

Well, I think part of the answer to that question is nobody knew about him. Despite the wealth of information out there, teams just don't know about everyone -- particularly not a kid who had been to three different schools. I believe I read in one of the write-ups that he did get some attention a year or so ago, but was told by scouts he'd need to lose 100 lbs. -- at that point the Bills' scout talked to him about getting "under 400" and then kept it under wraps.

Leaving a Division I-A program before even getting on the field, and then winding up playing for a school like Bethel, would have been viewed as a big negative by the majority of scouts.

It sounds crazy, but maybe the Bills just got a little lucky (and also made their own luck)?

Ding, ding, ding! NFL Scouts knew about him when he was 440 pounds. They asked him to lose 100 pounds. They showed up again to see his progress and he was at the same weight. He was immediately written off by those scouts. Matt Hand met with Jasper and told him to get under 400. Jasper did and Matt Hand credits Nix for helping him keep Jasper a secret.