GOP Refuses To Give Relief Money

youtube.com/watch?v=Cj_qNZ9PYr0

They won't even help Alabama- California if there's an earthquake you libs are on your own.

I quit listening when he said that "even as we speak, the Republicans are cutting taxes on the rich". When is it that not raising taxes on the "rich" relates to "cutting taxes on the rich"?

I quit listening when he said that "even as we speak, the Republicans are cutting taxes on the rich". When is it that not raising taxes on the "rich" relates to "cutting taxes on the rich"?

Does the Ryan/Republican plan lower the tax rate?

Does the Republican Plan truly lower the tax rate down to 25%?

Did you translate this from a Japanese video game?

youtube.com/watch?v=Cj_qNZ9PYr0

They won't even help Alabama- California if there's an earthquake you libs are on your own.

It's on YouTube, so it must be true. :lol:

No worries... the Ryan Plan lowers tax rates, all the while pushing for tax reform (closing loopholes)

Which is probably a net positive. Not that you're capable of admitting that.

Hell, I've been saying that for a decade: close the most-abused loopholes, and you can increase taxes collected and decrease the cost of collecting them, even if you lower the base tax rate. Only in your little world would increased net revenue be a negative because it's somehow socially unjust.

Which is probably a net positive. Not that you're capable of admitting that.

Hell, I've been saying that for a decade: close the most-abused loopholes, and you can increase taxes collected and decrease the cost of collecting them, even if you lower the base tax rate. Only in your little world would increased net revenue be a negative because it's somehow socially unjust.

IF it works. However I still don't believe that lowering taxes is the answer. Closing loopholes yes. At the same time, it does seem a bit unfair that the middle-class for the most part is asked to do more to solve a problem they didn't create. Yes, I know you will disagree with that and anything else I say because you are all knowing. :wallbash:

IF it works. However I still don't believe that lowering taxes is the answer. Closing loopholes yes. At the same time, it does seem a bit unfair that the middle-class for the most part is asked to do more to solve a problem they didn't create. Yes, I know you will disagree with that and anything else I say because you are all knowing. :wallbash:

Not to play devil's advocate, but wasn't in mostly the middle class that went out and bought houses that they couldn't afford which led to the housing market collapse....?

Sure, you could say "the banks lent the money," (to which some can reply that the government made them do it, blah blah blah, whatever), but ultimately isn't it up to the individual to know what they can afford?

Not to play devil's advocate, but wasn't in mostly the middle class that went out and bought houses that they couldn't afford which led to the housing market collapse....?

Sure, you could say "the banks lent the money," (to which some can reply that the government made them do it, blah blah blah, whatever), but ultimately isn't it up to the individual to know what they can afford?

One could say that... but it wasn't just the middle-class that did this. Ultimately it was the banks offering loans to people they knew couldn't afford them.

Not up to the individual, that's why banks want financial statements, pay stubs, etc to see if they can actually afford the loan.

One could say that... but it wasn't just the middle-class that did this. Ultimately it was the banks offering loans to people they knew couldn't afford them.

Not up to the individual, that's why banks want financial statements, pay stubs, etc to see if they can actually afford the loan.

So you don't believe in personal responsibility?

The banks have given me a couple of credit cards with $20k limits -- so if I max them out and then don't pay them back, that's not my fault either?

So you don't believe in personal responsibility?

The banks have given me a couple of credit cards with $20k limits -- so if I max them out and then don't pay them back, that's not my fault either?

Of course I do. Shouldn't the banks be held to certain guidelines? After all they knew what they were doing.

When anyone goes to get a loan the banks always want you to prove that you can afford the loan. If you can't... no loan. In this case they were still offered the loan and unfortunately to dumb and took it.

Edited by pBills

Of course I do. Shouldn't the banks be held to certain guidelines? After all they knew what they were doing.

When anyone goes to get a loan the banks always want you to prove that you can afford the loan. If you can't... no loan. In this case they were still offered the loan and unfortunately to dumb and took it.

You didn't answer my question. If I max out my credit cards with tens of thousands of dollars in debt, and then don't pay it off -- is it my fault? Or the bank's fault?

That's actually the appropriate response to the video, but you probably have no idea why.

For me they shouldn't be taking money away from areas like Homeland Security, etc. in order to help out these victims.

You didn't answer my question. If I max out my credit cards with tens of thousands of dollars in debt, and then don't pay it off -- is it my fault? Or the bank's fault?

Your fault. However we're talking about predatory lending.. not a simple 10k loan

That's actually the appropriate response to the video, but you probably have no idea why.

For me they shouldn't be taking money away from areas like Homeland Security, etc. in order to help out these victims.

Yeah. That's what I thought. :rolleyes:

Nice post Fezmid- I agree, everyone wastes so much time finger pointing that nobody cares about fixing what is wrong!