Football stuff to chew on…

Look, I'm not some big Donte supporter. At the start of last season, I thought G. Wilson should

have been starting instead of him. I don't expect the team will retain him and I wouldn't either

with the kind of money he wants, but I've said this before in another Donte thread a while back...

I think some fans were maybe watching Donte with biased eyes last year...ok,

he isn't the greatest coverage saftey around and everyone remembers the 2 or 3

big plays last year where it appears that he was the one who blew the coverage (which

he may have been)...but honestly guys, he had 140 tackles last year (96 solo) with 7 passes defended,

1 sack, 1 Int, and 1 FF. And if you go back and watch the games, his tackles weren't him

getting dragged 5 yards like some posters say, he was really popping guys. He was one of the

only guys (with maybe Kyle) who actually made opposing players pay last year. Seriously, go

back and watch the games. He had a really solid year last year, not elite, but solid.

Obviously it looks like we'll be turning the page on Donte and no, he never did live up to his

draft pick...not that its his fault that the Bills reached for him. But the guy didn't suck last year

like a lot of people post...he is no where near elite status, but he actually had a really solid season

last year on a bad defense.

Ok, let me have it...

Edited by folz

Look, I'm not some big Donte supporter. At the start of last season, I thought G. Wilson should

have been starting instead of him. I don't expect the team will retain him and I wouldn't either

with the kind of money he wants, but I've said this before in another Donte thread a while back...

I think some fans were maybe watching Donte with biased eyes last year...ok,

he isn't the greatest coverage saftey around and everyone remembers the 2 or 3

big plays last year where it appears that he was the one who blew the coverage (which

he may have been)...but honestly guys, he had 140 tackles last year (96 solo) with 7 passes defended,

1 sack, 1 Int, and 1 FF. And if you go back and watch the games, his tackles weren't him

getting dragged 5 yards like some posters say, he was really popping guys. He was one of the

only guys (with maybe Kyle) who actually made opposing players pay last year. Seriously, go

back and watch the games. He had a really solid year last year, not elite, but solid.

Obviously it looks like we'll be turning the page on Donte and no, he never did live up to his

draft pick...not that its his fault that the Bills reached for him. But the guy didn't suck last year

like a lot of people post...he is no where near elite status, but he actually had a really solid season

last year on a bad defense.

Ok, let me have it...

Pow!!!! Right in the kisser.

Feel better now?