Turn out the lights, the party's over

major

Willie also sings that rambling party song, "If You've Got the Money I've Got the Time" so maybe you're focusing on the wrong Willie song.

That was Lefty Frizzel...waa waa waa. You lose. Learn your old time country. That song is probably older then you are...

youtube.com/watch?v=_FquEEkL8B0

"we'll go honky tonkin, and we'll have a time,

bring along your cadilac, leave your old wreck beeeehiiiinnddddd...."

anyway, he also has a pretty good song called Saginaw, Michigan,

Too quick to jump on me Farmer John. I know Lefty Frizzel wrote it… that's why I said that Willie sings it.

I also know that former Maryland basketball coach Charles Driesell was named Lefty because not only was he left handed, but his name sounded like Frizzel's.

I even seem to recall that the song that everyone credits Patsy Cline for, "Crazy," was actually written by Willie.

So you're not educating me in this case… but thanks for the video clip!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Too quick to jump on me Farmer John. I know Lefty Frizzel wrote it… that's why I said that Willie sings it.

I also know that former Maryland basketball coach Charles Driesell was named Lefty because not only was he left handed, but his name sounded like Frizzel's.

I even seem to recall that the song that everyone credits Patsy Cline for, "Crazy," was actually written by Willie.

So you're not educating me in this case… but thanks for the video clip!

...i just wanted an excuse to put an outdated seldom heard song on the board. :lol:

...i just wanted an excuse to put an outdated seldom heard song on the board. :lol:

Delightfully hokey video. What's next, Porter Waggoner?

I do prefer the version Willie recorded (though his live concerts are a disappointment IMO).

The Willie Nelson recorded version is more rollicking/roadhouse with that honky tonk piano part and Mickey's harmonica. The music sounds like it belongs to the lyrics.

But I can appreciate the Lefty version, too.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan