Whaley promoted

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's funny how people forget the Bills HC search just over a year ago. It was an embarrassment that they wanted to interview multiple candidates and were repeatedly turned down. Weeks later, Chan Gailey was named HC without much notice, aside from a notable poster on TBD.

Now there's a vacancy in the front office, and we're surprised at promotions from within? I like Doug Whaley, but the above comment basically spells out why he's hyped in Buffalo by the TBD homers: he's not Modrak, he was formerly with a good organization, and he got props from some national NFL people. Aside from that, what's he done in Buffalo?

What it all boils down to is this: When you've got a track record of failure, most normal people will wait to give plaudits until they see on-field success. Buffalo took a step back last year and we're seeing that the team won't interview or won't/can't consider outside people. Not surprisingly, some people question the Bills for their front office decisions and the homers attack. I guess contrarian opinions are now illegal. :lol:

So lets see if i follow your warped lahjik...

Bills hire Whaley in 2010 to be GM: Good, because they finally reached outside the organization.

Bills hire Whaley in 2010 to a lesser title and he rises up chain, and probably eventually to GM: Bad, because the Bills "promoted from within" and "didn't look outside the organization"

Laughable, as usual.