4 key players for sucess in 2011

4-12 or 5-11 IF we get lucky.

That's what I always love about this board. It's such an optimistic place.

It's not rediculous to predict a 10 loss season next year. Is there a "chance" we don't lose 10 games? Sure. But I'd bet a lot of money we lose at least 10.

Maybe not rediculous, but totally blueliculous. Bwah ha ha.

Looking at our schedule, I can't see this team competing for a wildcard. I love our draft, but we're still a year away from contending for the playoffs, even if Merriman gets 20 sacks. I hate to sound pessimistic, but I think I'm a realist. We're headed in the right direction, but I can't see us competing with the jets, pats, ravens, steelers over the course of an entire season. I hope I'm wrong, but the playoffs are at least a year away, even with our defensive upgrades. If we can sign zach miller and Tyson Clabo, I may be wrong. That's a big if.

+1

One more draft at minimum and then maybe wild card\playoff spot.

Looking at our schedule, I can't see this team competing for a wildcard. I love our draft, but we're still a year away from contending for the playoffs, even if Merriman gets 20 sacks. I hate to sound pessimistic, but I think I'm a realist. We're headed in the right direction, but I can't see us competing with the jets, pats, ravens, steelers over the course of an entire season. I hope I'm wrong, but the playoffs are at least a year away, even with our defensive upgrades. If we can sign zach miller and Tyson Clabo, I may be wrong. That's a big if.

If Merrman gets 20 sacks we will make the playoffs. That would be unreal

O the pats we had on the ropes in NE last year? The ravens we put up 500 yards of offense against? The Steelers we were a dropped pass from beating? Not to mention taking the chiefs and bears down to the wire. All while not being able to run or stop the run most of the year or rush the passer.

This team got alot bigger and alot better this weekend. We will surprise some people. If we dont start 4-2 Ill be very surprised

It's worthless trying to predict W-L record before the season begins. Every team is different this year. It's a new year! Think back to last year, Who would have thought that the Chiefs would beat SD in week 1 last year-- and that the Chargers would go on to MISS the Playoffs! Or how about the 10-6 Bucs. What happened the the Vikes who just the year before gave the Saints all they could handle in the NFC Championship game!

For anyone to look at our schedule and begin assigning W's and L's is just pointless.

I agree that these four guys are going to be key, although maybe Spiller to a lesser extent.

I think another key is our o-line, which Buddy seemed pretty content with. If guys like Wang, Wrotto, Ubrik, and that other dude we picked up at RT stay healthy and improve, we could be pretty solid.

and if Bell gets nasty, and plays with a little sting in the run game.