As of last night, Bills looking at Blaine Gabbert

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The only thing ranked worse than our offense was our defense. When your constantly down by 20 points everything changes. Still think a rookie QB who doesn't contribute for 2-3 years is a need?

1.) who says it would take 2-3 years for him to contribute?

2.) Yes. We need a franchise QB who will be able to lead us back to competitiveness year after year over a long career (see: Kelly, James)

Sorry, but I had to laugh at the "catbird seat" comment. :lol: Fans post that sentiment every single year here and regardless of where the Bills are in the draft order.

OK, seriously, I believe it is pretty remote that anyone is going to trade up to #3 for a variety of reasons. Not that the Bills shouldn't try to work a deal, but...

I'm just rehashing what I have heard on TV from two different analysts who use that term...I guess that's why I put quotes around it....they do have a nice draft position though in light of the many teams looking for a QB all of a sudden. I heard these same analysts talk about how Washington, Dallas, and other mid-first round teams want to trade down and I think that is a dead giveaway they actually want to move up...these analysts' heads are spinning with the crap they are slinging every hour. Kinda fun to watch.

Adam Sheffter reporting that last night the Bills are now seriously looking at Blaine Gabbert. Maybe the FO is playing head games with the 49'rs and Bengals and Cards or they really are looking for a QB early. I thought I knew what was going to happen...guess not.

I hope it works out like this. Newton is gone at #1, some team desperate for a QB thinks we want Gabbert bad, they trade up with the Broncos, Darius falls in our lap, I then toke up and say, Thank God!!!!!! Go Bills!!!!!!!!!

If you read the updated article that Beerball links to:

Editor's Note: Just received word that Coley is in town to talk with QB prospect Chad Kelly. There is still a Bills connection as Chad is Hall of Fame QB Jim's nephew. We have no way to know the intentions of Coley's tweet but it very well could be not even remotely linked to Ponder. (MRW)