Chan's Comments to NFLN

I think if somehow Darius and Miller are both there at 3 we take Miller because I believe, and this is based on absolutely nothing, that Nix and Chan like the two DL they drafted last year (Troup, Carrington). IMO pass rush is the weakest position on this team with OL being next. I know we were horrible against the run, but we had to play Stroud who sucked and Dwan got hurt and missed a bunch of games before the rookies were really ready. FWIW Carrington looked gigantic last year and moved well, I thought. I think we are going Miller unless he is not there, no matter who else is around.

I think that we are sometimes lump the current guys calling the shots with the former guys calling the shots. Donahoe was an idiot, Marv was not a personnel guy and Russ Brandon...I won't even go there. Nix is a personnel guy. He has been a coach and scout all his life. He is not going to make the same mistakes that these other guys made. Brandon just didn't know what he was doing, plain and simple. Marv drafted guys he couldda made better but his HC was awful so it didnt work out, and Donahoe was arrogant and made luxury/flashy picks on teams that needed more than luxury. I do not associate any of the prior regimes with the current one. It just doesn't make sense.

I think if somehow Darius and Miller are both there at 3 we take Miller because I believe, and this is based on absolutely nothing, that Nix and Chan like the two DL they drafted last year (Troup, Carrington). IMO pass rush is the weakest position on this team with OL being next. I know we were horrible against the run, but we had to play Stroud who sucked and Dwan got hurt and missed a bunch of games before the rookies were really ready. FWIW Carrington looked gigantic last year and moved well, I thought. I think we are going Miller unless he is not there, no matter who else is around.

Carrington may look big and move well, but he did not make any plays, same with Troupe. Only WIlliams, an out of position 5th rounder, made any plays. We need a NT, we need a dominant DE, we need a speed OLB that can hit, tackle and rush the passer. This defense needs a ton of help. Start with a DE or NT in rd 1; if we take Miller, that's fine but we must take a DE and NT on the next two picks.

In the past 24 hours, I have read from various sources, that Buffalo is definitely going Miller, Peterson, Green, Newton (if there), and Dareus (if there). Who knows who it will be.

Oh yeah, Gabbert, too.

Edited by Realist

Who knows? Maybe with Shawn Merriman on one side and Von Miller on the other, Aaron Maybin might actually tackle someone.

PTR

Exactly how do you expect Maybin to tackle someone when on gameday he's sitting in his La-Z-Boy with a bowl of popcorn?

You must have meant when he's playing Madden or something along those lines.

I watched the interview with Chan on NFLN and I really thought that it was obvious who the choice was just by his tone and the way he talks about each prospect.

Miller is their guy...

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Chan-Gailey-on-the-draft/3146831f-a0a4-4a0c-9950-c3ab960e1936

See what you think.

Great, I agree, Miller seems to excite Gailey more then Newton and Gabbert. So what? Buddy Nix makes the final call and Tom Modrak is his number one "advisor", and although I'm sure Nix values Chan's opinion highly, it is simply not Gailey's call. Anyone remember how badly Gregg Williams said was hoping Donahoe would have drafted Drew Brees instead of Nate Clements way back when??? A lot of good that did Williams. (And had Donahoe listend to Williams then, maybe he would still be head coaching today!)

Great, I agree, Miller seems to excite Gailey more then Newton and Gabbert. So what? Buddy Nix makes the final call and Tom Modrak is his number one "advisor", and although I'm sure Nix values Chan's opinion highly, it is simply not Gailey's call. Anyone remember how badly Gregg Williams said was hoping Donahoe would have drafted Drew Brees instead of Nate Clements way back when??? A lot of good that did Williams. (And had Donahoe listend to Williams then, maybe he would still be head coaching today!)

Don't forget Wanny. He's lurkin' in the background here..

Carrington may look big and move well, but he did not make any plays, same with Troupe. Only WIlliams, an out of position 5th rounder, made any plays. We need a NT, we need a dominant DE, we need a speed OLB that can hit, tackle and rush the passer. This defense needs a ton of help. Start with a DE or NT in rd 1; if we take Miller, that's fine but we must take a DE and NT on the next two picks.

You must not have watched every game last year then Carrington got a sack in his first game plus a few hurry's Troupe plays the same position as William so it is kinda hard to have them both in at the same time. Last year the vets got most of the playing time to see if they could produce which they did not this will be the year that Troupe and Carrington get to show what they have

I watched the interview with Chan on NFLN and I really thought that it was obvious who the choice was just by his tone and the way he talks about each prospect.

Miller is their guy...

http://www.buffalobills.com/media-center/videos/Chan-Gailey-on-the-draft/3146831f-a0a4-4a0c-9950-c3ab960e1936

See what you think.

Talk about reading into things! Chan told the interviewer exactly 0!

Miller and Maybin only have two things in common: The 1st letter of their Last Name and the Position they play (even tho Maybin was drafted as a DE). Miller has a solid body of work at FBS level playing in the Big 12. The dude is bigger and faster than Clay Matthews, he is adding muscle and weight to his frame (last i heard he was up to 250 ish) and he is explosive as demonstrated by his 10' 9" broad jump at the combine. He is a unique pass rusher who can get his torso parallel to the ground without losing leverage and he can cover with the best of the LBs. He and Dareus are the safest picks in this draft. No doubt.

The also have the same last two letters of their first names. Oh oh?

Miller is their guy...

See what you think.

I think there is only two situations where the Bills don't take Von Miller. 1. Cam Newton is available. 2. If Denver takes Miller, which is looking more and more possible and likely.