eryn ruff wearing a flyers hat at a Temple U party

Guest FUKK THE BILLS

:lol: You know what's funny? My teams are as follows: Bills, Braves, Flyers, and Sixers. If not for the '95 Braves, do you have any idea how much I'd be thinking it was solely my fault? lol That's like 1-11 in championship attempts among all those teams since I've been following them lol. :doh:

My teams: Bills, Sabres, Celtics, Expos... a combined 4-9 in championship games/series, in my life. Thanks Celtics!

btw- Celtics won 13 championships, before my time, as a fan...I loved the Buffalo Braves in the 70's...didn't start following the C's until the Bird era. And, I was born in 1965, too young to appreciate the AFL championship Bills teams. If I didn't like the NBA (like many here), I would be sitting at 0-6, and minus a baseball team! :lol:

GO CELTICS!!! Beat the Heat!

Edited by Buftex

My teams: Bills, Sabres, Celtics, Expos... a combined 4-9 in championship games/series, in my life. Thanks Celtics!

btw- Celtics won 13 championships, before my time, as a fan...I loved the Buffalo Braves in the 70's...didn't start following the C's until the Bird era. And, I was born in 1965, too young to appreciate the AFL championship Bills teams. If I didn't like the NBA (like many here), I would be sitting at 0-6, and minus a baseball team! :lol:

GO CELTICS!!! Beat the Heat!

You know, I loved watching those Bird-led Celtics. Bird, McHale, Parrish, DJ, and Ainge...I grew up watching those guys and whenever they played the Magic - Kareem - Scott - Worthy - Rambis Lakers it was a BIG deal. It's too bad the NBA got so watered down and couldn't hold my interest, cause those were some really fun days to be interested in the sport. As it stands now, I keep tabs on my Sixers throughout the year but I don't really watch many reg season games at all. Then when the playoffs hit I watch nearly every night.

Did you follow the Expos to Washington in terms of remaining a fan?

You know, I loved watching those Bird-led Celtics. Bird, McHale, Parrish, DJ, and Ainge...I grew up watching those guys and whenever they played the Magic - Kareem - Scott - Worthy - Rambis Lakers it was a BIG deal. It's too bad the NBA got so watered down and couldn't hold my interest, cause those were some really fun days to be interested in the sport. As it stands now, I keep tabs on my Sixers throughout the year but I don't really watch many reg season games at all. Then when the playoffs hit I watch nearly every night.

Did you follow the Expos to Washington in terms of remaining a fan?

No. Baseball was always my least favorite of the sports. Growing up I played football, basketball and baseball...I loved playing sports, but baseball wasn't so much fun for me. I could hit, okay, for my age, but wasn't particularly good at anything else. I stopped following the pro game, on a daily basis, in the early 90's.

I grew up with hardcore Yankees fans all around, so I had to pick another team to pull for...picked the Expos, loved their logo...my interest in baseball wained over the years...I do still enjoy listening to a game on the radio, to relax, and I went to the Mariners home opener this year (they got shelled by the Indians!), but I just don't follow it like I used to. Still love all the "winter sports" though.

Cannot wait for the Celtics/Heat series to start...I am not assuming anything, but I would so love to have the C's take that team down.

No. Baseball was always my least favorite of the sports. Growing up I played football, basketball and baseball...I loved playing sports, but baseball wasn't so much fun for me. I could hit, okay, for my age, but wasn't particularly good at anything else. I stopped following the pro game, on a daily basis, in the early 90's.

I grew up with hardcore Yankees fans all around, so I had to pick another team to pull for...picked the Expos, loved their logo...my interest in baseball wained over the years...I do still enjoy listening to a game on the radio, to relax, and I went to the Mariners home opener this year (they got shelled by the Indians!), but I just don't follow it like I used to. Still love all the "winter sports" though.

Cannot wait for the Celtics/Heat series to start...I am not assuming anything, but I would so love to have the C's take that team down.

I'm definitely routing for the Celtics, too...should be a good series!

I used to watch the Expos a lot growing up, so I can see why you liked them. I was a big fan of Gary Carter.

:lol: You know what's funny? My teams are as follows: Bills, Braves, Flyers, and Sixers. If not for the '95 Braves, do you have any idea how much I'd be thinking it was solely my fault? lol That's like 1-11 in championship attempts among all those teams since I've been following them lol. :doh:

Me too man. I was a Braves fan by birth but a Bills fan by choice :doh:

Me too man. I was a Braves fan by birth but a Bills fan by choice :doh:

Misery loves company, brother....glad to have you as a fellow Braves/Bills guy :thumbsup:

The replies show why Philadelphia Flyers fans in general are 100% pure grad A SCUM and I will always wish nothing but complete $#It for their franchise.

:rolleyes:

The replies show why Philadelphia Flyers fans in general are 100% pure grad A SCUM and I will always wish nothing but complete $#It for their franchise.

AJ is a good guy... It almost makes me wonder how the heck such a good person gets caught up in that Flyer riff-raff? I am not exonerating BFLO from all the other "blue collar type" towns... But pits like Philly, Boston, Pitt really take the cake with the douchebaggery. Philly the most... Example: The young child getting puked on at a Phillies game. Maybe I have only been there a few times... I never understood the anger along the east coast metroplexes... Especailly in Philly. Big cities in general, but what is it with the east coast metroplexes?

I mean come on, Philly is the "city of brotherly love"... Yet, it is the exact opposite in all practicality.

Is it IQ?:

From NYC

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

AJ is a good guy... It almost makes me wonder how the heck such a good person gets caught up in that Flyer riff-raff?

Thanks, man :)

I really enjoyed our conversations a year ago during the finals...was a really good final series :thumbsup:

I tell you what, I became a luke-warm fan of the Flyers back in the mid-90s during the Leion of Doom days. But when I moved there in '96, I really got into the team and the city. There are a lot of douchebag fans in Philly, no doubt about it. But it's so amazing and infectious how that ENTIRE city comes together with such passion for their teams. That's why I was so encouraging of Poojer when he moved there...even if those aren't teams you root for, it's SO much fun getting caught up in the local fervor. You've got some of the best pro teams in the country, in addition to a fantastic college environment. When I lived there I nearly lost sight of the music world entirely, because I had sports radio WIP 610 on all night and Comcast sports net (cable tv) on the rest of the time. It's just a great, great sports city :thumbsup:

Thanks, man :)

I really enjoyed our conversations a year ago during the finals...was a really good final series :thumbsup:

I tell you what, I became a luke-warm fan of the Flyers back in the mid-90s during the Leion of Doom days. But when I moved there in '96, I really got into the team and the city. There are a lot of douchebag fans in Philly, no doubt about it. But it's so amazing and infectious how that ENTIRE city comes together with such passion for their teams. That's why I was so encouraging of Poojer when he moved there...even if those aren't teams you root for, it's SO much fun getting caught up in the local fervor. You've got some of the best pro teams in the country, in addition to a fantastic college environment. When I lived there I nearly lost sight of the music world entirely, because I had sports radio WIP 610 on all night and Comcast sports net (cable tv) on the rest of the time. It's just a great, great sports city :thumbsup:

I am just funning you! How have you been... Congrats on the Flyer win! I have been to Philly... Had a friend at Temple.

I still think that BFLO does this the best... Yet, it is sorta sad and depressing in a way when the can't pull things out.

What amazes me... How good the Sabres have been through 40 years is that they have never come back from 2-1, they are 0-14 now... Also, game 7... Only ONE win out of 6 or so! Other teams may not win the SC too... BUT they do way better in this area (game 7's and coming back from 2-1).

Well good luck against the B's... Not sure who to root for... ;) ;) You got the two most angry sport's towns in the nation there! :P

AJ is a good guy... It almost makes me wonder how the heck such a good person gets caught up in that Flyer riff-raff? I am not exonerating BFLO from all the other "blue collar type" towns... But pits like Philly, Boston, Pitt really take the cake with the douchebaggery. Philly the most... Example: The young child getting puked on at a Phillies game. Maybe I have only been there a few times... I never understood the anger along the east coast metroplexes... Especailly in Philly. Big cities in general, but what is it with the east coast metroplexes?

I mean come on, Philly is the "city of brotherly love"... Yet, it is the exact opposite in all practicality.

Is it IQ?:

From NYC

When I did say most Flyers fans, that was implied to NOT include AJ in my rant :thumbsup:

Edited by RaidersEast

When I did say most Flyers fans, that was implied to NOT include AJ in my rant :thumbsup:

ok, you're forgiven then lol

I am just funning you! How have you been... Congrats on the Flyer win! I have been to Philly... Had a friend at Temple.

I still think that BFLO does this the best... Yet, it is sorta sad and depressing in a way when the can't pull things out.

What amazes me... How good the Sabres have been through 40 years is that they have never come back from 2-1, they are 0-14 now... Also, game 7... Only ONE win out of 6 or so! Other teams may not win the SC too... BUT they do way better in this area (game 7's and coming back from 2-1).

Well good luck against the B's... Not sure who to root for... ;) ;) You got the two most angry sport's towns in the nation there! :P

I totally agree about B-lo....I actually think that that's why I latched on to the Philly love so fast, cause they have that same passion and loyalty to their teams. But yeah, nothing compares to tailgating and hanging with my fellow Bills brothers and sisters at the Ralph on a cool/cold Autumn Sunday :thumbsup:

I'm extremely proud to be a Temple U graduate. My years there were some of the best of my life. I loved the diversity, the history, and the quality of education. It's a very underrated school, IMO :thumbsup: