US kids getting hammered in Math and Science

...about alternative lifestyles...

Two parents, shocked at frank talk during a gay and lesbian awareness day at Newton North High, were forced off the property after one parent whipped out a video camera and started taping.

``This does not belong in curriculum,'' said Kim Cariani, who said four police officers and the principal told them they would be charged with trespassing if they did not leave.

``It's against my religion. It's morally wrong and forced in a child's face.''

Each year, some students at Newton North forgo classes during To BGLAD: Transgender, Bisexual, Gay and Lesbian Awareness Day with assembly-like sessions including ``Out at the Old Ballgame'' and ``Color Me Queer.'' Students are not required to attend.     

Cariani kept her two kids home during the day, but she was curious.

Cariani and another parent, Brian Camenker, were in the audience when adults in a panel discussion talked about being gay. When one man told the students he was attracted to his sister's husband, Cariani said she started to record the ``propaganda, false information and lies.''

The principal demanded Cariani turn over the videotape or leave, Camenker said.

``They took the two of us and pulled us out and gave us one minute to leave and if we came back on the property we would be arrested for trespassing,'' he said.

Tom Mountain, a columnist for the Newton Tab, was also barred from the assembly ``for the safety and security of the children,'' he said he was told.

Public Education or Indoctrination?

What does this fall under? Social Studies? Maybe it's science. I'm actually curious. What is the "brand" header for putting out this type of information?

162574[/snapback]

Good point !!! If "Intelligent Design" should not be taught in public schools because it is not science, then what subject is it that tries to teach our kids that being a freak that would lead to the end of civilization if everybody did it is just another life style choice?

And in the same school, the word "Christmas" is probably deemed offensive. And even the MENTION of the possibility that God MAY have created the Universe is considered "Indoctrination".

UN-FUGGIN-BELIEVABLE....for the absolute hypocrisy alone.

Good point !!!  If "Intelligent Design" should not be taught in public schools because it is not science, then what subject is it that tries to teach our kids that being a freak that would lead to the end of civilization if everybody did it is just another life style choice?

162585[/snapback]

Talk about ID all you want. And all world religions for that matter. But not in science class as some viable scientific theory. It's not that hard.

As to this, what's the big deal? An optional assembly where a bunch of parents make a fuss. I'm sure such an assembly is the butt of many jokes at the school, and not a particular point of interest. Kids know about homosexuality nowadays.

Talk about ID all you want. And all world religions for that matter. But not in science class as some viable scientific theory. It's not that hard.

As to this, what's the big deal? An optional assembly where a bunch of parents make a fuss. I'm sure such an assembly is the butt of many jokes at the school, and not a particular point of interest. Kids know about homosexuality nowadays.

162644[/snapback]

Very true. So why make an extra effort to push it? I'd be curious to see what would happen if the school wanted to have a "Military Recruiter Day".

Very true. So why make an extra effort to push it? I'd be curious to see what would happen if the school wanted to have a "Military Recruiter Day".

162648[/snapback]

Military day????? Christmas tree????? The song Silent Night???? OFFENSIVE!!!!!!

Teaching little Johnny about how to become little Jane? Perfectly fine.

Comical if it wasnt so sad.

162648[/snapback]

My high school had military officers visit on several occasions. And on college/career day, the military was always represented.

Why have "gay day"? Who knows? But I wouldn't lose sleep over it causing the downfall of society and children. The impetus for it, no doubt, are a minority of vocal parents. Just like the people who protested it and made a fuss were a minority of vocal parents on the other side. Most of the kids, and parents, probably could care less about the event (except that now it's gotten tons of press).

In three weeks, these kids will be flinging spitballs and dropping their books to look up girls skirts, and this will be a non-issue.

sheeeeiitt

did anyone read my post from the other thread?

we are FAR TOO CONCERNED about garbage like this rather than focusing on the main problem...our kids are getting their asses beat by foreigners in math and science and here we are slinging poo at each other from our respective partisan political viewpoints