OT Rap is not Music!!

JohninMinn.

Boy, now you are proven loser.

A black man who is educated, self-reflective, and not afraid to think independently from the "party line" is an Uncle Tom.

Yes, we all know it is your political perspective that truly makes your ethnic background.

Nice thought process....

163646[/snapback]

no, i applaud him for speaking up and trying to teach something to the black community

the problem is(and the uncle tom thing is an exaggeration), the problem is is that people like yourself jumped on it and threw it up in black people's faces like 'HERE, SEE, SEE!! WE ARE RIGHT!! TOLD YOU SO!!" and people tend to not listen when told things in that fashion, so it was really all for naught

i like the Cos, and his views and am proud he sould do that but if you are white then his comment is really none of your business

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean like registering?  :lol:

163652[/snapback]

wow,weird, a COMPLETELY OFF TOPIC, pointless statement

no, registering or not is a choice right now, and i choose not to.

im not afraid to, im registered on a bunch of boards, a bunch of other Bills boards to, but since i dont have to be here, im not, my choice, thats all

so crawl back into your hole until we need another useless post

Guest Tupac's Mom

Im not really sure what you guys are trying to argue

we've already proven that:

1. in reality, technically defined, "rap" or "Hip-Hop" IS music.

2. its ok to not like it, but when people want to actually discuss and analyze something, its better to not argue using only short-sighted opinions

3. no one cares if you like it or not

so, good, im glad you dont like, im not trying to convince you its great, so dont try to convince me its not. no opinions are going to be changed here. some people were trying to discuss using insight and fact. some just want to make grand, blind statements. its alright, theyll get weeded out.

this thread is done. fin.

"Sure, our parents used to hate the Beatles and Led Zeppelin, but their music at least had some type of strong structure..."

You don't think this is the EXACT same thing going on?

163296[/snapback]

Not only that, but when bands like Zeppelin are whoring themselves out for Cadillac, it tends to threaten their place in the canon.

People want to believe that rock occupies some higher echelon. It's all just business for most of these people, folks.

What some rap artists lack in creativity for coming up with their own beats they make up in business acumen. What better way to create a hook than to use one that references the past in a new spin? I am not saying I like it (generally, I hate it). But it is what it is.

Can you please tell me the other forms of music were the artists rip off and sample others people's work and call it there own?

Also, let me know the other musical genres were the artist shoot and kill each, and also stab each other at awards show?

Oh no! It's a STEREOTYPE!

163365[/snapback]

Don't confuse the image with the genre or music.

Classical music has always had references to prior pieces, look it up or go ask your Berklee College of Money professor.

You could read the lyrics to "Stairway to Heaven" and it would stand on its own.

Nice imagery, clever use of metaphor, and it is written in ENGLISH.

163550[/snapback]

It would stand on its own in an eighth grade English class. It is riddled with cliches.

There are very few 'poets' in rock music. And the ones who claim to be poets (like Jim Morrison, for example) rank up there with the worst.

I didnt want to get involved with this thread, but as soon as TUPAC's name got brought up, I knew I had to jump in.

I dont care what you think of rap. For the most part, most of you dont even know what rap is. You dont listen to it, so you cant talk about it. Someone put a LUDACRIS song up. Are you kidding me? Ludacris is trash.

Here are some good rappers:

Tupac

Biggie

Rakim

Jay-Z

Other rappers like: Nas, 50 cent, ... etc are wannabe rappers. They dont cut it. There lyrics are either authored by the record company or total crap.

Whether you like RAP or not, Tupac was also an author. There are english teachers around the country including a course in PRINCETON and HARVARD that teach exclusively from his writings. There WAS and (in my opinion) will NEVER be an AUTHOR better at writing lyrics than TUPAC. He was the only. The best in the game. Bar none.

I think he WOULD be the first to ADMIT HE IS scared... That is the whole point in not registering?  Scared that your privacy is comprimised.?

163681[/snapback]

meh, i appreciate the support but not really, good point though, and if that was the reason then yes it would be exactly as you put it

ill probably register sooner or later, but i dont want to, i like this site a lot cause its one of the last boards out there where you can post unregistered and also plug in any name you want to post as every time.

i like that.

Guest Tupac's Mom

daq!

save yourself the head ache, theyre really not listening, theyre still trying to wrap their heads around the fact that them not liking rap isnt a good arguement against it

daq!

save yourself the head ache, theyre really not listening, theyre still trying to wrap their heads around the fact that them not liking rap isnt a good arguement against it

163691[/snapback]

Yeah. You gotta remember these people live in suburban Buffalo - IE: Hamburg, Gonowanda, North Collins ... etc

Yeah. You gotta remember these people live in suburban Buffalo - IE: Hamburg, Gonowanda, North Collins ... etc

163694[/snapback]

...alaska

hahahahaha, awesome, go to alaska and try to have a relevant opinion, right

All of you want to talk about rappers shooting each other ...etc TUPAC SPOKE OUT AGAINST THAT - here is a clip from LIFE GOES ON (one of his songs):

I see no changes all I see is racist faces

misplaced hate makes disgrace to races

We under I wonder what it takes to make this

one better place, let's erase the wasted

Take the evil out the people they'll be acting right

'cause both black and white is smokin' crack tonight

and only time we chill is when we kill each other

it takes skill to be real, time to heal each other

And although it seems heaven sent

We ain't ready, to see a black President, uhh

It ain't a secret don't conceal the fact

the penitentiary's packed, and it's filled with blacks

But some things will never change

try to show another way but you stayin' in the dope game

Now tell me what's a mother to do

bein' real don't appeal to the brother in you

You gotta operate the easy way

"I made a G today" But you made it in a sleazy way

sellin' crack to the kid. " I gotta get paid,"

Well hey, well that's the way it is

163694[/snapback]

Yeah, living in a suburb of Buffalo is terrible....

Yeah, that takes away their "street cred"....

Oh, while I am talking to you, I will have some fries with my burger, you dumb ass swamp donkey.

Don't your parents have something better to do with their basement than having your freeloading butt living in it? How about a game room?

Yeah, living in a suburb of Buffalo is terrible....

Yeah, that takes away their "street cred"....

Oh, while I am talking to you, I will have some fries with my burger, you dumb ass swamp donkey.

Don't your parents have something better to do with their basement than having your freeloading butt living in it? How about a game room?

163706[/snapback]

Dude. I'm a 19 yr old soon to be college student. Of course I still live with my parents, untill I can get into my dorm. Dumbass. :lol: