Eugene's draft Database

Astrobot

im a little biased because i saw him play. but alex green from hawaii is a guy i hope buffalo gets late in the draft 6-7th round area. he had only 1 big year but he was behind another dude prior. hes got good pass protection and solid hands hes also a pretty big dude who runs down hill and has got some shifty moves for being a bigger back at 225.

he played in hawaiis run&shoot so he was mostly asked to pass protect but when they would use him he was puttin gup big numbers. he had some huge games this past season. Mcshay was talking about him as a sleeper a month ago.

8.2 ypc

im a little biased because i saw him play. but alex green from hawaii is a guy i hope buffalo gets late in the draft 6-7th round area. he had only 1 big year but he was behind another dude prior. hes got good pass protection and solid hands hes also a pretty big dude who runs down hill and has got some shifty moves for being a bigger back at 225.

he played in hawaiis run&shoot so he was mostly asked to pass protect but when they would use him he was puttin gup big numbers. he had some huge games this past season. Mcshay was talking about him as a sleeper a month ago.

8.2 ypc

I watched the video, and I'm not all that impressed by this kid. It looked to me like the vast majority of all those big runs were on draw plays, and since Hawaii passed so much, the defense is almost always expecting pass. The draw play is one of the best ways to pull off some big plays when you've got the defense lulled into pass defense mode. The WRs were running way upfield, and there were enormous holes and open space for him to run through because the defense was so spread out.

Now to your point, he looks like he has decent feet for a guy that size, (if he really is 225), but I'd say those big numbers were more a product of the offense he was in and not him pulling off amazing runs. When it comes to running backs that late in the draft, who really knows anyway though right? Haha...I could be wrong about this kid, but he doesn't seem that special to me.

I watched the video, and I'm not all that impressed by this kid. It looked to me like the vast majority of all those big runs were on draw plays, and since Hawaii passed so much, the defense is almost always expecting pass. The draw play is one of the best ways to pull off some big plays when you've got the defense lulled into pass defense mode. The WRs were running way upfield, and there were enormous holes and open space for him to run through because the defense was so spread out.

Now to your point, he looks like he has decent feet for a guy that size, (if he really is 225), but I'd say those big numbers were more a product of the offense he was in and not him pulling off amazing runs. When it comes to running backs that late in the draft, who really knows anyway though right? Haha...I could be wrong about this kid, but he doesn't seem that special to me.

i hear you 100% and its the main reason i wouldnt go for him till the 6th or 7th.

Green is exactly who the Bills need as a change of pace back. He's a bruiser with some speed and hands. Great comment about his blocking, which is less an issue at Hawaii. Wonder if he likes snow.

Astro

youtube.com/watch?v=BK0VmrZIGSI

8.2 ypc

personally i like evan royster from penn state. he had a pretty productive collegiate career, and his running style reminds me alot of freddy jackson. in my opinion, royster has good vision and can catch the ball out of the backfield as well. i think he would be a great late round addition to the team.

Green is exactly who the Bills need as a change of pace back. He's a bruiser with some speed and hands. Great comment about his blocking, which is less an issue at Hawaii. Wonder if he likes snow.

Astro

id be pretty stoked if he ended up in a bills uni. who cares if he likes snow he can learn to love it. haha