Horton ESPN AFC East Team Needs

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/insider/news/story?id=6309292

I find it hard to believe this guy even watched the games. Pass rush from Kelsay? Whitner is a terrific player? D. Bell move to RT?

Seriously how do these guys get away with this stuff. Whitner is so terrific that George Wilson played more than him down the stretch. Kelsay is garbage. If Bell can't run block at LT than how the hell is he going to block at RT?

The only thing he got right was the complete lack of production from the TE position.

I find it hard to believe this guy even watched the games. Pass rush from Kelsay? Whitner is a terrific player? D. Bell move to RT?

Seriously how do these guys get away with this stuff. Whitner is so terrific that George Wilson played more than him down the stretch. Kelsay is garbage. If Bell can't run block at LT than how the hell is he going to block at RT?

The only thing he got right was the complete lack of production from the TE position.

I agree with Witner and the D. Bell move . sorry

He's merely saying the Bills have passed on premier Tackles in recent drafts. And they have. And asked the question "Could he move to right tackle if Buffalo finds a player for the left side?". Who hasn't thought that?

And I hate tell ya that Whitner played terrific last year, so he's probably basing that statement on his most recent play. And Kelsay was our only pass rushing player.

I think your really jumping the gun to get upset with this write up.

The saddest part of that post is the fact that the Buffalo Bills don't have one area of team strength, it used to be the secondary and running game in 09, but that went downhill last year.

The point Horton is trying to make is Bell is a below average player and wouldn't be starting at LT for other teams, which I believe to be true. The question is, would he even be serviceable to start at RT?

The Bills have one good QB, no decent back up... one good RB, no decent backup...no RT, a below avg LT...they need a guard now that Wood moved to center . The tight end position basically doesn't exist for the Bills

so, a back up QB- LT -RT -G -TE, and that's just the offense...

The defense was worst in the NFL against the run and has been for years with Jauron running his Tampa 2, a DE or two, an OLB or two, a DT

I think WR is a nice strength and so too are our kickers!

Moorman is on the decline and it wouldn't shock me if he is beat out by some late 7th round pick or FA rookie with a sledge hammer of a leg.

He's merely saying the Bills have passed on premier Tackles in recent drafts. And they have. And asked the question "Could he move to right tackle if Buffalo finds a player for the left side?". Who hasn't thought that?

And I hate tell ya that Whitner played terrific last year, so he's probably basing that statement on his most recent play. And Kelsay was our only pass rushing player.

I think your really jumping the gun to get upset with this write up.

I agree that Bell may never be even average but any casual observer of the game has to know there is no way he could play RT.

And in fairness to the FO the abrupt retirement of Brad Butler did create an area of need unexpectedly. Doesn't excuse taking Spiller with no one to block in front of him.

I actually like Whitner despite his lack of game changing plays. My bet is he gets a big dose of reality when he tries to cash in once FA starts. Bringing him back with a mid-level salary assuming there is a cap would be fine. If he thinks he can get top 5 safety money he is delusional.

And if there is a statement that can sum up the Bills defense in 2010 it is..."And Kelsay was our only pass rushing player". He is so bad it gives credence to the RW is racist conspiracy theorists. How they could have extended his contract with a raise is unbelievable no matter where they are in relation to a future cap.

The saddest part of that post is the fact that the Buffalo Bills don't have one area of team strength, it used to be the secondary and running game in 09, but that went downhill last year.

The point Horton is trying to make is Bell is a below average player and wouldn't be starting at LT for other teams, which I believe to be true. The question is, would he even be serviceable to start at RT?

The Bills have one good QB, no decent back up... one good RB, no decent backup...no RT, a below avg LT...they need a guard now that Wood moved to center . The tight end position basically doesn't exist for the Bills

so, a back up QB- LT -RT -G -TE, and that's just the offense...

The defense was worst in the NFL against the run and has been for years with Jauron running his Tampa 2, a DE or two, an OLB or two, a DT

Do you hate CJ spiller THAT much? He's not even a decent back up? I would have to disagree with that. He didn't live up to the hype last year but I'm sure every team in the league would be happy to call him their backup RB.

Edited by NewEra

This guy also says that the DL is aged. Maybe he missed last year when the Bills drafted two D linemen in the first 3 rounds. Troup and Carrington may be unknowns so far, but they're certainly not aged. Horton may also be unaware Stroud is not on the team anymore.

Dwan is a vet at 29, but isn't out of his prime yet.

I agree with the OP, the author doesn't seem very up to speed.

Do you hate CJ spiller THAT much? He's not even a decent back up? I would have to disagree with that. He didn't live up to the hype last year but I'm sure every team in the league would be happy to call him their backup RB.

I don't hate the guy, I do hate it when the Bills waste a pick on a player that needs so much development, it is just that last season he didn't learn how to block on running or pass plays, he couldn't find the hole to save his life, didn't learn his receiving routes and was a liability every time he took the field. For the first RB selected a with such a high pick he should have been a force in the running game, he wsn't. And ya know what, if the kid doesn't learn how to do his job properly this off season he will be another Aaron Maybin bust, we will find out once the season starts. So IMO right now the Bills have one RB in Fred Jackson.

I think WR is a nice strength and so too are our kickers!

Special teams used to be a strength in past years, they regressed badly this season, not a strength anymore- Currently the Bills have only two notable receivers in Lee Evans, and Stevie Johnson. Evens is in decline and is simply not getting open as often as a premier WR should, Johnson was the only bright spot in the receiving corps last year with 1000 yards receiving and 10 TD's. The Bills have no viable TE, so I'd have to say this receiving corps is not a strength. Just because DT Kyle Williams went to the pro bowl last year, one player does not make that D line an area of strength.

Edited by Harvey lives