RD2: Brooks Reed

Astrobot

I know Brooks as one of my best friends is Ricky Elmore his D-line partner from UofA and he has a huge motor and always gives a 100%, but I've watched a lot of him the last 3 years and when you watch him play, he takes himself out of the play a lot. This is why he does not have any where near the amount of production that Ricky Elmore has (26 sacks in 3 years). I believe that is why he is not mentioned as a first round pick.

To me Reed is very stiff and has limited athleticsm. I think this is going to hurt him on draft day. I would be supiresed if he goes in the top 40.

is there any linebacker you like? We are running the 3-4 and in desperate need of LB's and it seems like you rip every LB in the draft

I like Brooks Reed a lot actually, I would be pumped if we added him. But I still think there will be a player at another position who is better than him. I was just talking about his draft status. Like alst year, Spikes ran a 17 second 40 and he dropped like a rock. I still thought he was a great player and would have loved to draft him regardless, but that 40 hurt his stock, just like how I feel Reed will be hurt. He will get drafted, and go on to start and play well for some team regardless.

I like the *idea* of Quinn, but havent seen him play so I am hesitant to endorse him too much. Havent seen Ayeers either. I like Herzlich a lot as a late round prospect inside. Sheppard will prob he a reach at our 2nd round pick but gone at our 3rd. He is good and I like him thoguh. Houston is solid too but not great, he tends to be great one plan, invisible the next. I think we will add a few late round guys again this year.

This is just not a good year for LBs, what do you want me to say? This is a DL and OL draft. Its weak at LB, especailly rush LBs. Its weak at QB. Its deep at DB, but we should focus on that early IMO. I think we could add a starting DL, start OL, starting ILB in 3 of the first 4 rounds easily.

I think Sheard from Pitt will be the pick in RD 2. I like Reed but feel that Wannstedt will push for Sheard, same position as Reed,just more familiarity.

Sheard will be a FS, Reed is most likely a pass-rushing 3-4 OLB who can bring it inside as well. This type of player won't be available later on.

Jabaal Sheard is my choice.

I know you like Sheard too and were complimentary of him but what do you mean when you say he will be a FS? I know you don't mean free safety...

Bottomline, Bills need at least one top level Linebacker out of the draft: Miller, Houston, Wilson, or Reed. I'd be happy with any one of them, and I would be really happy getting any two of them :thumbsup:

This.

Reviews seem a little mixed on him....no one has him going in even the top 20, but I think he'll be great. To me he's like cushing or matthews, a guy that looks great in college, who people just underrate / discount. I don't think there's any chance he's there for the Bills in the 2nd, so I wouldn't hate the idea of them packaging their 2nd and one of their 4s to move up a little and get him.

Good post. It was exactly what I was thinking then had to scroll down to make sure no one hit on all my thoughts. You did.

Two points: One there is no way he's going to be there in the 2nd. Two I hope there's a QB they like in the second to make this franchise viable in regards to being a playoff team, but if Reed becomes a member of this team by trading up its hard to get down on that.