Adam Shefter's opinion

2+3 rounders aren't for depth retard, those guys better be starters. How about we just "subscribe" to drafting better players.

What draft "philosophy" would that be anyway? I'm sure Greenbay draft guys in the early round to be backups, If you noticed I drafted 2 of Greenbay's players so I guess I'm subscribing to what they are doing, which is getting better players.

2nd and 3rd rounders are hopefully good football players that can help a team win. If a team wants to have depth at DL, which IMO, is the best group to have depth due too big lugs getting tired or even hurt, drafting them in the 2nd and 3rd round isn't necessarily a bad idea. Especially when you're dead last vs the run. You disagree. Fine by me, but the guy isn't a retard for saying that. We used our 1st round pick last year for depth. It didn't do much for us last year, but it could end up paying dividends. Time will tell.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2+3 rounders aren't for depth retard, those guys better be starters. How about we just "subscribe" to drafting better players.

What draft "philosophy" would that be anyway? I'm sure Greenbay draft guys in the early round to be backups, If you noticed I drafted 2 of Greenbay's players so I guess I'm subscribing to what they are doing, which is getting better players.

Retard? Outstanding diagnosis. You must be a real treat in person with this kind of attitude. By the way, you are right. I did not notice that you drafted 2 of Greenbay's players because it never happened. I guess my question is this, if a tree falls in the woods and no one is there to hear it, does that make Buffalo Bavarian a GM? Based on your answer, I will then understand who the real retard is.

2nd and 3rd rounders are hopefully good football players that can help a team win. If a team wants to have depth at DL, which IMO, is the best group to have depth due too big lugs getting tired or even hurt, drafting them in the 2nd and 3rd round isn't necessarily a bad idea. Especially when you're dead last vs the run. You disagree. Fine by me, but the guy isn't a retard for saying that. We used our 1st round pick last year for depth. It didn't do much for us last year, but it could end up paying dividends. Time will tell.

The point that I was trying to make is that having good depth at any position should be a side effect of trying to stock pile talent and having to relegate good players to the bench because your starters are so damn good. I don't believe in drafting a guy for depth, he should be someone that you believe can develop into a good football player. New England always has multiple 1st and 2nd round picks partly because they are not afraid of accumulating talent at positions that are not necasarily needs. When a contract is almost up and it's decision time, they chose who to trade away and cash in big time. Since we play multiple defensive fronts plus rotate the players in those fronts, it is safe to say that calling any of our DL backups does not accurately define their role on the team.

Retard? Outstanding diagnosis. You must be a real treat in person with this kind of attitude. By the way, you are right. I did not notice that you drafted 2 of Greenbay's players because it never happened. I guess my question is this, if a tree falls in the woods and no one is there to hear it, does that make Buffalo Bavarian a GM? Based on your answer, I will then understand who the real retard is.

Sorry about the retard comment I was having day. However I still stand by 2+3 rounders should be starters. If they end up being backups that's one thing but to pick them for depth is another. Troup and Carrington need another year to see if we need more help there while we need to adress QB, TE and LB early this year this year.