Joe Biden's Most Productive Moments

Really you guys follow EVERY speaking point from the right, yet claiming to have original thoughts... OK. That picture I believe was taken during a budget crisis. He found time to get some golf in... great leadership.

Medicare - Ryan's plan would eliminate it as we know it today... yes, reform needs to be made. But drastically changing it? No. The voucher system will do nothing but harm, not help seniors.

Environment

So you believe that in no way, the superwealthy should get taxed at a higher rate? I say with the average worker gaining, if they are lucky, a 2% raise... which of course means they are losing money with the cost of living going up dramatically across the country. Yet, the average CEO is gaining upwards of 30%. A bit lopsided no? Then you get to States... public service employees are expected to pay more for benefits, for pensions, etc. Yet, most of them get furloughed or have their pay frozen. Meanwhile subsidies are given away, corporations are given tax breaks. Seem fair?

I like many other democrats want spending curbed. Spending on Defense NEEDS to be curbed big time. Especially with the U.S. spending 6-times more than any other Nation in the world.

I'm not going to try to convince you of anything, because I think I'd have a better chance of convincing Michael Moore to take a bath, but I genuinely want to understand where you people are coming from.

So, if I understand correctly, you want to tax corporations more, increase or at least leave in place the entitlement structure, and pay for it all by cutting defense (by how much?) and raising taxes on the top 2%?

Also, do you believe that the greater the financial advantage to operating in another country, the more likely a corporation is to relocate? And if so, how do we simultaneously increase the cost of doing business while increasing rate of growth, and prevent corporate flight?

And lastly, I know you've mentioned CEO compensation, which is usually set by the shareholders (owners) of private companies. How would you address this issue?

I'm not going to try to convince you of anything, because I think I'd have a better chance of convincing Michael Moore to take a bath, but I genuinely want to understand where you people are coming from.

So, if I understand correctly, you want to tax corporations more, increase or at least leave in place the entitlement structure, and pay for it all by cutting defense (by how much?) and raising taxes on the top 2%?

Also, do you believe that the greater the financial advantage to operating in another country, the more likely a corporation is to relocate? And if so, how do we simultaneously increase the cost of doing business while increasing rate of growth, and prevent corporate flight?

And lastly, I know you've mentioned CEO compensation, which is usually set by the shareholders (owners) of private companies. How would you address this issue?

Yes, the Board usually sets the bonuses / compensation for their CEO's. Do you think it's right for some bailed out corporations to be sending out bonuses like that? Upon receiving bail out money, all corporations should have been told to freeze pay and bonuses to their execs and management.

Did you also know that the average person making over $500,000 per year pays in taxes? 18%. So if they want to lower taxes for the superwealthy, they HAVE to close loopholes that get them around paying what they truly owe. Then and only then would I be happy with lowering their tax rate. Instead of people saying we're spreading the wealth, how about we spread the burden?

Did you know that Exxon paid ZERO in taxes in the U.S. but $15 billion in taxes to other countries? So we are serious about fixing our economy shouldn't they have to pay something? Corporation loop holes need to be closed, especially when I pay more in taxes than they do.

I also have NEVER said increase or leave the entitlement structure in place. Sorry I have said many times that is does need to be reformed. Cutting defense... do you know that we spend six times more than any other nation in the world on Defense? I believe we cut a 1/3 of that, which would do wonders for our economy. Hell, could you imagine what it would be like if we invested the money we're spending in the Middle East into our infrastructure?

All in all, I find it interesting how Republicans say don't tax the rich because they will defer to the amount owed, therefore we shouldn't take that on or don't tax Corporations because they will open up shop in another country, so don't take that on. And still they say unions are holding States hostage... sounds like Corporations are doing that big time. And definitely don't take on Defense spending. Yet, it's fine to play all of the other cards on the table. If they want people to take them and their ideas seriously ALL cards MUST be on the table.

Edited by pBills

I love how I'm called the Parrot yet you guys spout off more from the Republican taking points than anyone I know. Hypocrites.

No, I agreed with him that you are a parrot but my main point was that you are just plain stupid, basically an intellectual toddler.

Edited by 3rdnlng

It wasn't bad spelling it was an incomplete analogy.

Boehner crying was to easy as what was to what?

You fill in the blanks.

Video clip of Biden falling asleep / not paying attention

Boehner playing golf / not doing his job or paying attention

Everyone shows pictures of Boehner crying... hence to easy to show that. Got it?

Everyone shows pictures of Boehner crying... hence to easy to show that. Got it?

I can't tell if you're joking or if you really don't understand the criticism. :unsure:

You don't even get your own game?

Ok I will give you an example.

Boehner crying is to easy as Obama golfing is to frequent.

Get it now?