bills on the clock...espn weighs in

I agreee with almost everything that was said with the exception of Dilfer's comments on Newton obviously. Just because they're negative comment's, doesn't mean its not true.

I started this post not because i thought i was true but because i though they were wrong....just dilfer that is....we should of beat those ravens in ot just as much as we should of beat the bears in regular session....dilfer knew he had a good defense around his sorry a$$ im not argueing that...but he isint any better then fitzy and never will be....

Alright, just caught the piece on ESPN. I didnt hear anything to get upset about. It was a pretty honest and accurate breakdown. Had some good points, and "inside information" to discuss. And it wasnt just a quick blurb.

Im guessing the OP saw Mort chuckle right in the beginning and flew off the handle since Mort is the Dark One around here.

I started this post not because i thought i was true ....we should of beat those ravens in ot just as much as we should of beat the bears in regular session....dilfer knew he had a good defense around his sorry a$$ im not argueing that...but he isint any better then fitzy and never will be....

this had nothing about chris mortensen....please read the original post before you post thanks..."but because i though they were wrong....just dilfer that is"........just listen to these guy rip fitzy and dilfer sounding like lets move on and not talk about this team...god i cant stand him...

this is what the original post was...please read further before you post......please

I started this post not because i thought i was true but because i though they were wrong....just dilfer that is....we should of beat those ravens in ot just as much as we should of beat the bears in regular session....dilfer knew he had a good defense around his sorry a$$ im not argueing that...but he isint any better then fitzy and never will be....

this had nothing about chris mortensen....please read the original post before you post thanks..."but because i thought they were wrong....just dilfer that is"........just listen to these guy rip fitzy and dilfer sounding like lets move on and not talk about this team...god i cant stand him...

this is what the original post was...please read further before you post......please

I watched this video and actually thought that, for ESPN, it was an unusually intelligent, thoughtful conversation. They said the Bills have a lot of needs, particularly on the defensive side of the ball. I also thought they were very complimentary of Fitz. Dilfer said he was a good, but not great QB; he just thought Newton was a good fit. Kiper liked him even more, using words like "fearless."

And the Bills haven't been an elite team for a while now. Why is it wrong for them to say this?

ill tell u why but after i get done with my shift at work.....give me like 4 hours to come up with something...

this is so espn and national media...always saying things like name five bills....noone can do that outside of western new york...here is the bills on the clock and then i am going to find the one that was on espn today and watch what is said by dilfer when mortensen says the bills believe they can win with fitzy...he laughs in our face....http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/12383/video-on-the-clock-bills this one was eariler im looking for the one from today....saying in this one to blow up our offensive line,,,if it wasnt for woody getting hurt and moving our players around so much...levitre to other side...we would of been ok....

here is todays that i am talking about...all this is-is a repeat...i do agree with kiper though that we will take miller at number 3....just listen to these guy rip fitzy and dilfer sounding like lets move on and not talk about this team...god i cant stand him...

http://search.espn.go.com/bills-on-the-clock/

Why should they not just pass us buy and ignore the Bills. RaLPH has done that for years. Next to Oakland this has been the most unprofessional organization since John Butler left. The recors speaks for itself.

Did you actually go to any the games in the last decade. Did you see Jauron? Did you get called an idiot fan by Donahoe. Did you see us pauy a first and fouth for Rob Johnson. did you sit through the Johnson/flutie mess.

We should be ignored.

Youd hope it would be that simple, but we all know it's not. They're not journalists or reporters. They're shills that work for an entertainment station that acts as one big commercial for the sports industry.

and in the entertainment business, buffalo does not sell. so whether they are journalist/reporters and there is never any news about buffalo worth reporting or entertainers who ignore a backwater no one cares about, WNY will always be ignored by the media. its just not part of the national conversation at any level. its just a big Akron. great place to raise a family, true and if you know where you are going like I do it's a lot of fun, but no one not from the area really is interested in what goes on there. sorry, even if they win they will get grudging attention

Before I didn't want the Bills to draft Newton. But after hearing Dilfer make that pitch it makes me wonder if there is something in the kid that is special. Dilfer wasn't the best QB out there, and he even admitted it with his comment about the Ravens D and the Super Bowl.

Of course, it isn't going to matter if the Panthers select Newton, or Denver trades down with a QB hungry club.

I hope we take Newton. With all the QB controversy that will bring, plus not addressing the needs on the lines we will tank the season at 2-14.. then we can take Luck next year.

...I hope we take Newton. With all the QB controversy that will bring, plus not addressing the needs on the lines we will tank the season at 2-14.. then we can take Luck next year.

Hadn't thought about it this way.. Hmmm.

Dilweed wasn't 'right' about Newton because no one knows how he'll perform at the next level and there assuredly are skeptics more 'in the know' than we are. Personally, I don't like him and don't want him as a Bill. But your take gives food for thought, IMO.

Great take. I'm thankful for Ralph for bringing the Bills to WNY, however, he is the MAIN reason the Bills have been insignificant for so many seasons

We're a small market team that hasnt seen the playoffs in over a decade. Why would they want to talk about us?

There's only one person to blame for all of the disrespect we tolerate, Ralph.

Not sure if you're a hockey fan, but even before Pegula took over the Sabres, they always got love from announcers on every network. I watched a Sabres/Thrashers game on a local Atlanta station recently and you wouldve thought the Atlanta announcers were working for MSG. All the analysts on NHL Network and VS love the team and the city. Why?

Well, Buffalo is the "Dallas" of the NHL. Great hockey town, and a team that makes the playoffs even on an up-and-down year.

You want respect? Win. Be a stable, solid franchise that is able to scout and draft young talent.

Ralph has only been able to accomplish that during a very brief window in his entire history (thanks, Polian).