Ryan Mallett?

I was thinking today...We know how much Buddy loves Rivers...So I was wondering what Rivers Stats were compared to Mallet's in their Jr Years...

And here is it...

Rivers started 14 Games was 262-418 for 3,353 and a 62.7 completion percentage...Rivers had 20 TD's vs. 10 INT's and a 141.07 QB Rating in the ACC as a Jr...

Mallett started 13 Games was 266-411 for 3,869 and a 64.7 completion percentage...Mallett had 32 TD's vs. 12 INT's and a 163.65 QB Rating in the SEC as a Jr...

I know Mallett was sacked 25 times last Season...Pretty sure Rivers was sacked 17 times as a Soph...Can't find any Sack Stats for Rivers Jr Year, but I know he was not sacked much in College...Rivers Rep was of coarse squeaky clean...Mallett not-so-much, though much of the talk is complete rumor...

Just saying btw... B-)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking today...We know how much Buddy loves Rivers...So I was wondering what Rivers Stats were compared to Mallet's in their Jr Years...

And here is it...

Rivers started 14 Games was 262-418 for 3,353 and a 62.7 completion percentage...Rivers had 20 TD's vs. 10 INT's and a 141.07 QB Rating in the ACC as a Jr...

Mallett started 13 Games was 266-411 for 3,869 and a 64.7 completion percentage...Mallett had 32 TD's vs. 12 INT's and a 163.65 QB Rating in the SEC as a Jr...

I know Mallett was sacked 25 times last Season...Pretty sure Rivers was sacked 17 times as a Soph...Can't find any Sack Stats for Rivers Jr Year, but I know he was not sacked much in College...Rivers Rep was of coarse squeaky clean...Mallett not-so-much, though much of the talk is complete rumor...

Just saying btw... B-)

Is there any mention of Rivers loosing a footrace to an armadillo?

Mallett may sound slow, but when I heard him talk about football with Gruden, I saw a QB. He loved to talk football and seemed enthusiastic. Definately plus.

I was down on mallett too until I saw him discuss X's and O's. I wouldn't mind if we picked him up in the 2nd. His ceiling is crazy high.

Edited by NickelCity

Best reply ever!! I needed a laugh.

You know what's really gonna make you laugh.

When the Gatriots draft Ryan Mallet, he learns behind Brady for a couple years, and he carves up the Bills for the next 10 years. That's going to be hilarious!

Then if they take Cam Jordan too and he becomes a defensive MVP that's going to be doubly hilarious.

You know what's really gonna make you laugh.

When the Gatriots draft Ryan Mallet, he learns behind Brady for a couple years, and he carves up the Bills for the next 10 years. That's going to be hilarious!

I think those who are writing Mallett off as some kind of one legged country-bumpkin who is going to have a hard time figuring out what sideline his team is on, and even a harder time running to that sideline, are definitely going to be surprised in time...They're going to find out exactly what VERY good SEC Defenses did the past two years...The Kid can play and he's got rare...REALLY rare arm strength...And if you protect him, he can make throws you can't even imagine...

There is not going to be a QB for a long, long time with an arm picture perfect made for Buffalo weather the way Mallett's is...I'm not saying he's a shoe-in because it's going to take the right Coach and the right situation for him to excel...But if that happens he's going to be pretty good...Given the right situation and the right Team he's definitely not going to be a joke if you have to play him twice a year...

Mallett may very well be boom or bust, but that boom is going to be sonic if it happens...B-)

I think those who are writing Mallett off as some kind of one legged country-bumpkin who is going to have a hard time figuring out what sideline his team is on, and even a harder time running to that sideline, are definitely going to be surprised in time...They're going to find out exactly what VERY good SEC Defenses did the past two years...The Kid can play and he's got rare...REALLY rare arm strength...And if you protect him, he can make throws you can't even imagine...

There is not going to be a QB for a long, long time with an arm picture perfect made for Buffalo weather the way Mallett's is...I'm not saying he's a shoe-in because it's going to take the right Coach and the right situation for him to excel...But if that happens he's going to be pretty good...Given the right situation and the right Team he's definitely not going to be a joke if you have to play him twice a year...

Mallett may very well be boom or bust, but that boom is going to be sonic if it happens...B-)

+1