Would you mind if the Bills trade back twice ??

Scrappy

Its a slippery slope

- I want as many picks as I can get...BUT you gotta make sure that at least the 1st player you take has an immediate impact OR is so good for the future (like a QB for instance) that where you got him makes him such a great value

- I would only trade back once....I need at least a 2nd round pick.....probably more. In a trade down Cam Jordon or JJ Watt look like excellent prospects. It would allow for 2 second round picks which could be used on a QB and a TE, or a QB and a LB,

Buddy is not smart enough to trade down. This is evidenced by not waiting 10 seconds to pick spiller.

are you serious with this non sense.... I wasn't happy with the Spiller pick but obvioulsy they had the guy rated high and weren't going let him go...

I'll look at Nix track record while he was with San Diego in regards to the talent they brought in when he was there.

We don't need 50 mediocre players, we need a handful of elite ones.

Stay at 3 and pick a difference maker.

Unless you'd rather have them trade down until the own every pick in the 6th round, because all 6th rounders are the next Tom Brady, right?

Edited by Maddog69

are you serious with this non sense.... I wasn't happy with the Spiller pick but obvioulsy they had the guy rated high and weren't going let him go...

I'll look at Nix track record while he was with San Diego in regards to the talent they brought in when he was there.

No team got less production from their draft last year than us. For a terrible team, our rookies only started 7 games total, and only due to injury.(and we were picking high)

I just see it as the more picks we have in the first few rounds, the more likely we are to hit a winner. I have zero trust in the 1st round draft decision makers based on the past so many years, it's like one mistake after another. We have found later round talent but it's been few & far between.

Starting mediocre players you got out of the draft & losing seems like a pattern we can't shake, time to add more cards to the deck.

• 2 weeks later...

I can see the Bills dropping back into the 8-12 range to pick up an additional 2 & maybe a 4th but would you mind if they took another trade back to later in the first while picking up an additional 2nd??

This would basically give us pick 22-28, we can then pick early second round (QB Colin Kaepernick hopefully) with our own second rounder & have the 42-44 pick / 54-60 pick. I can't see how we can't improve our defense with this many early picks in this deep a draft & this is a good year to have 4 picks in the first 60. Please pull it apart with logic, thanks.

Or...how about if "we" take that pick in the 22-28 range, and trade down again for and extra 3rd rounder, then, take that pick, and trade down for an extra 4th rounder, then, take that pick and trade it down for an extra 5th rounder, etc. etc. so finally, in the end, we have 14 7th round picks! Think of all the money "we" would save in such a "deep" draft, huh??? :w00t::nana:

Sorry, but when there is draft with so many top heavy excellent players (mostly on defense) to choose from, wouldn't the best decision be just to pick one of the 3 very best of all of them??? :doh: STOP ALL OF THIS TRADING DOWN TALK!!

And maybe we can go back in time and cryogenically freeze Jim Kelly, Bruce Smith, Andre Reed, Thurman Thomas, and Cornelius Bennett's bodies and bring them back to the future to play for us this year. :thumbsup:

Not sure I follow the logic. Why would they have to be frozen? Can't they come back with us through whatever mechanism (time machine, worm hole, etc)was used to get back there in the first place? Or did you mean, freeze them, keep 'em in the cooler for 20 years, and thaw them? If somehow you could take a one way trip back, I assume you'd have to freeze yourself too? Sounds risky. And what about their 21st century salary demands? When they find out what Kelsey's getting, they're bound to ask for the sun and moon. Do we freeze Ralph too? Need more details.

Let us know how the plan is coming along.

Edited by DML2005

Or...how about if "we" take that pick in the 22-28 range, and trade down again for and extra 3rd rounder, then, take that pick, and trade down for an extra 4th rounder, then, take that pick and trade it down for an extra 5th rounder, etc. etc. so finally, in the end, we have 14 7th round picks! Think of all the money "we" would save in such a "deep" draft, huh??? :w00t::nana:

Sorry, but when there is draft with so many top heavy excellent players (mostly on defense) to choose from, wouldn't the best decision be just to pick one of the 3 very best of all of them??? :doh: STOP ALL OF THIS TRADING DOWN TALK!!

The Bills will not pay a 3rd rounder any money that is needed to bring in a unknown, this is all a smokescreen to leverage a better down / out scenario.

Trading back for more picks is never a bad way to go for teams with so many needs like the Bills, especially when there are no clear cut leaders in the first round. Look at Belichick's history.

Colin Kaepernick is a smaller school version of Cam Newton with as much, if not more, upside. His numbers steadily improve the whole FOUR YEARS he played at Nevada and his athleticism, smarts, accuracy, arm, leadership, etc all are close to or better than Cam or Blaines. They can all be busts but if we can get Kaep in the 2nd I'd do it.

1. Brooks Reed OLB

2. Colin Kaepernick OT

2. Kyle Rudolph TE

2. Marcus Cannon RT

I'd love this scenario and that's just the first few added picks!

One of the issues that has plagued the Bills has been their inability to finish with a bad enough record to get an elite talent in the draft. Now they have that ability, I do not want them to trade it away.

I like this point, even though 3-7 can be interchangeable based on team needs.

So a couple of days ago there was a rumor about us swapping #3 for the Pats' #17 and #28. If we could do this and grab Ryan Kerrigan at 17 and then either Dalton/Kapernick at #28 I would be a really happy Bills fan! Is this likely, no. But, I might as well dream for another 90 minutes.

LOL, this is funny.