Bills will go all O with picks 1, 2 and 3.

Link.

#3 Blaine Gabbert QB Missouri.

#34 Kyle Rudloph TE Notre Dame.

#68 James Carpenter OT Alabama.

I like Blaine Gabbert and this scenario would be a good investment in our offense, but I have to think that it's absolutely impossible that we ignore our D until round 4. WalterFootball should go back to the drawing board on this mock. Our porous run D has to be priority #1.

Keep in mind that before last year's draft, Buddy Nix identified O-line as our #1 need, then proceeded to ignore it until the 5th round. I don't think Walter's scenario is that far-fetched.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why does the Bills porous run D have to be priority #1? Their porous QB play, TE play and OT play is just as important to try and address in this draft as well. Plus, you are forgetting the fact that Nix invested his second round and third round picks in last year's draft on the defensive line, and, he hired Wanny to help straighten that mess out too!

Walter Football's mock above represents a type of draft that most of the posters out here defend with their lives: taking the best athlete available on your board, regardless of position. If Nix thinks Gabbert, Rudolph and Carpenter are the "best players on his board" when he goes to draft them, then nobody should get upset that he passed on Von Miller and the defensive guys........RIGHT?? :nana:

Exactly...This Team has more holes than Swiss Cheese...There are Needs all over this Roster on Offense and Defense...They could go just about any way and still be right...So I don't see anything wrong with landing the #1 QB and the #1 TE in this Draft...How can that be a bad thing? The same way if they went Miller at #3 Overall and Martez Wilson in the 2nd it could not be argued much...They would be getting the #1 Rated OLB and the #1 Rated ILB...There are plenty of ways for The Bills to go, but if it's all Offense early, as long as it's Gabbert and Rudolph I don't see the problem... B-)

if that were to happen.......

that sets the franchise back for many many years!

How? We probably suck on defense for the next year, but then our offensive core is set. It's not like we can't invest a lot of picks in the defense next year.

This is one of the deepest drafts in terms of front 7 defensive talent with a first round grade...if the Bills don't take advantage of that, then they are idiots.

I've been trying to read up on Gabbert as much as possible, and the more I look into this kid, the more I do NOT want to draft him. The only offensive player we should even THINK about in the top 10 of this draft is AJ Green. Aside from him, we need to try to grab some of these stud DLine players.

+1

Besides Gabbert needs schooling and would be sitting behind fitz for most of the year if not all of it.

At #3 the Bills have to draft a defensive player that can start Week 1. This is my stand and I am sticking to it.

If the bills DO go QB at #3, then I can see them drafting offense in the 2nd and 3rd rounds as well.

If you draft a franchise QB, what you're supposed to do is build around him - give him everything that he needs to succeed and grow, and afterwards, fix your defense.

That's what Indy did when they drafted Peyton - they built around him. And what do you get? For a few seasons, one of the WORST defenses in the league - so bad, that Peyton was forced to throw and play catchup all season long (that was the season he broke Dan Marino's TD record). In ways, their offense compensated for their defense, as it was widely considered that you had to score at least 30 points on Indy in order to win (which wasn't hard... but still).

Link.

#3 Blaine Gabbert QB Missouri.

#34 Kyle Rudloph TE Notre Dame.

#68 James Carpenter OT Alabama.

I like Blaine Gabbert and this scenario would be a good investment in our offense, but I have to think that it's absolutely impossible that we ignore our D until round 4. WalterFootball should go back to the drawing board on this mock. Our porous run D has to be priority #1.

WalterFootball's prediction has no chance of being accurate. Case closed.