107.7 The Lake being taken off FM, moves to web-only

Buff Biz First

Getting moved to the web is not quite the death sentence it used to be. I listen to radio over my phone in my car all the time. What is sad is the two live DJs on the Lake are getting canned. It's really unfair because the Lake pulled some of the best ratings (around a 3.0) that frequency ever got, better even than sports WNSA.

BTW this is happening because Cumulus Broadcasting bought Citadel, merging two of the largest Buffalo radio clusters.

That story went on to say that the Sabres would not be simulcast on 107.7. That is a missed opportunity because WGR night signal dies east of Transit Rd. 107.7's coverage is enormous to the south and east, a lot of area that doesn't get Sabres PBP. I have hunch that Terry Pegula will buy his own station eventually.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

That sucks because I love listening to that station in the car when I visit. My car is where I listen to the most music. That's why the sound system was the most important part of my recent car purchase. The sound system is incredible and actually has a hard drive so I can download tons of music on it.

Pandora/Slacker radio + smartphone with data plan + AUX jack on the car = no need for terrestrial radio anymore! Slacker will even add DJs and hourly news updates if you want them to.