New guy saying go Bills!!!

Scrappy

Hey guys, been stalking for a while & thought I might join in. Quick question, does anyone know if the Bills move back to like 10th in the 2011 draft & pick up a 2012 1st rounder, that it can be guaranteed if the draft is declared illegal because of the lawsuit pending??

It would seem if the draft is declared illegal that all 2011 draft deals for picks in it's current format would be null & void / so it's a buyer beware situation in my mind. Thanks in advance & proud to be here.

Scrappy

Edited by Scrappy

teams have been notified that they trade future picks AT THEIR OWN RISK......nothing is certain as to wether a draft will continue or be declared illegal through the courts. teams have also been notified that once this years picks have been made, they may not trade that drafted player. it is ok to trade this years draft picks BEFORE the selection has been made.

teams have been notified that they trade future picks AT THEIR OWN RISK......nothing is certain as to whether a draft will continue or be declared illegal through the courts. teams have also been notified that once this years picks have been made, they may not trade that drafted player. it is ok to trade this years draft picks BEFORE the selection has been made.

Buyer beware is the call here, which makes sense. So, I'll gladly pay you tuesday for a hamburger today (Wimpy) is the call here.

If thats the case we should trade all our future draft picks for picks this year and hope that they do find the draft illegal (lets hope that Buffalo Judge is a Bills fan). We could make out like Bandits!

Im also curious as to the whole reason the players think the draft is illegal, if any of you could fill me in that would be awesome.

I would assume that it's because without a CBA between the players and the Owners it's collusion for business owners to team up and decide who is allowed to hire who in the business world. Frankly, even with a CBA it has always been a little sketchy to me.

If they're not a union and there is no CBA it is not legal for the NFL to determine, by a draft, what team they play for.

I never really thought of the draft as forced employment but I can see this case being made.

I've had this crazy thought for a few days now...that the lady judge in this case, who's only supposed to rule if the lockout is legal or not, needs to get the greedy boys back to the table to work out their own problems. This can be done by her making a whacky & insane ruling which favors neither side. Something like this: The lockout is legal for players with the last name beginning with A, C, E, G, I...and so on...And illegal for players with the last name beginning with B, D, F, H, J...and so on. Can you imagine Brady not being locked out, but Ochocinco being locked out...wishing he wouldn't have changed his name? LOL Something like this would have everybody scratching their heads, not trusting the courts, & they would decide they better work it out themselves. Whatever side gets the favorable ruling on the 6th will dig in their heels & we'll be watching this stupid saga play out for months. I know this sounds nuts, but I bet a crazy ruling like this would work.

EDIT: And BTW Scrappy...welcome to the board!

Edited by Enuf-is-Enuf

If you remember back to George Allen and his over the hill Redskin teams, there was doubt about the draft being upheld by the courts then. If the draft had been declared illegal, George would have looked very smart for trading so many draft picks for experienced players. Since the draft was upheld at the time, George was considered a bit of a nut case for trading away the future of the team.

I never thought about this before, but it is a good thing to think about. Nice Post! I guess that being drafted at all is why the players hold out. If there was no draft, they could all play for the highest bidder. Since the NFL is a Monopoly and there is no one to bid against but themselves they made the draft. However, if someone wants to work for the NFL as anything but a player, they can work for the team that offers the best package. Interesting new thoughts for me, and probably many others. Thanks! "I like to break a mental sweat too!"