Obama refuses to accept 2012 election results

In the broad sense, is it not an economic theory which states that investing money in companies (typically by giving them tax breaks) is the best way to stimulate the economy? So, giving billions upon trillions to the automakers and wall street bankers is not investing government money into corporations? With the idea that it would stabilize their businesses and allow them to prosper so we could all prosper in return?

Amazing you see no difference between not taking and giving.

I'm sorry, but I honestly have no idea what you're talking about.

You really don't see the difference in a bailout and letting a company keep profits?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You really don't see the difference in a bailout and letting a company keep profits?

"Amazing you see no difference between not taking and giving."

I just got it! Seriously. My brain was completely mis-firing.

Yes, I very much know and understand the difference in the two. But what I'm suggesting is that in this instance the bailouts accomplished the same goal as a tremendously large tax rebate. It gave several large corporations a ton of cash to pump themselves up and thereby the economy. I'm not suggesting that our economic structure be set up to rely on bailouts. I'm not saying that corporate taxes should be raised. I'm just saying we gave these businesses a ton of money and that money is not trickling down as many predicted/expected/hoped and now we want to elect a different set of politicians because somehow they'll know how to get these businesses hiring again as opposed to opening up factories in Chinia. That's pretty much it.

"Amazing you see no difference between not taking and giving."

I just got it! Seriously. My brain was completely mis-firing.

Yes, I very much know and understand the difference in the two. But what I'm suggesting is that in this instance the bailouts accomplished the same goal as a tremendously large tax rebate. It gave several large corporations a ton of cash to pump themselves up and thereby the economy. I'm not suggesting that our economic structure be set up to rely on bailouts. I'm not saying that corporate taxes should be raised. I'm just saying we gave these businesses a ton of money and that money is not trickling down as many predicted/expected/hoped and now we want to elect a different set of politicians because somehow they'll know how to get these businesses hiring again as opposed to opening up factories in Chinia. That's pretty much it.

You don't get the difference.

Bailout=failing company that needs cash from Government to merely stay afloat. May or may not change bad business model that got it in this situation in the first place.

Tax break=successful company that keeps a larger % of money it has EARNED. That is the money that goes into expansion/hiring, not just keeping creditors at bay.