Facebook Advertising

NoSaint

Just switched jobs and have some social media responsibilities now. This project is for a hotel in Downtown New Orleans, which has pretty passively managed its account thus far. I was curious what people on here thought about facebook advertising, place pages, etc... and if anyone has any advice on how to drive results. Currently there really arent metrics of success, and I am hoping that by setting them myself, I can come up with some ways to look like an all-star! :rolleyes:

if anyone cares to maybe share with me some feedback as far as what would get your interest and what is just clutter (free stays? discounts? advertising local events?).... Maybe i can talk to donte, now that we are both social media professionals! And dont just limit yourself to hotels. although thats my primary concern currently - i may be doing this for a variety of businesses and events.

Edited by NoSaint

Just switched jobs and have some social media responsibilities now. This project is for a hotel in Downtown New Orleans, which has pretty passively managed its account thus far. I was curious what people on here thought about facebook advertising, place pages, etc... and if anyone has any advice on how to drive results. Currently there really arent metrics of success, and I am hoping that by setting them myself, I can come up with some ways to look like an all-star! :rolleyes:

if anyone cares to take a peek at what is in existence currently, and maybe share with me some feedback as far as what would get your interest and what is just clutter (free stays? discounts? advertising local events?).... Maybe i can talk to donte, now that we are both social media professionals! And dont just limit yourself to hotels. although thats my primary concern currently - i may be doing this for a variety of businesses and events.

Anywho -- this is what is in existence -- any advise or feedback from fresh eyes? Feel free to like it and maybe i can get a bills fan to come on down to new orleans with some of these promotions I come up with!

http://www.facebook....ryinnneworleans

I don't know how to get people to follow you on FB but I know that once you get them you need to send out things on a regular basis to attract them. I have a few local restaurants and wine bars that are always putting out things to entice people to come in. One was if you text $10 to the red cross for Japan they'll take $10 off your check. The place is call Skool ( a take off of the place to go learn and the group of fish). They call their happy hour detention and if you show up at their brunch with a #2 pencil they'll give you a free mimosa. A wine bar is always posting pictures of their food and wine. Anything to get their name out there. And for me....it works. Key? Don't bombard them with ****.

The first question would be, does your target audience spend much time on FB?

You might also try Groupon or Living Social.

Well, for me- it's an assignment not a chosen investment so regardless I'm doing it. Just a matter of how to best target those that do.

The person that was handling it previous was just putting up a random post once a week. But with no sense of contest, promotion etc... I threw up a couple quick posts to illustrate to them a proper way to link up with established followings to reach broader audience. Before it was just "who's ready for Mardi Gras" going out to an insulated group of followers- most of whom are company related. I'm hoping to show solid growth in the fan base, and page views short term. maybe some comp nights raffled to fans if I hit thresholds...

The challenge I'm foreseeing is unlike a bar, restaurant etc... It's selling both a destination city and your property within, and outside a few diehard corporate people, it's not a business that gets weekly or very frequent returns.

We will see- I have a few ideas for pushing discounts off season, some comp nights, added value stuff like drinks at the bar etc.... Maybe even holding back some rooms over high demand and just offering availability, without a discount when most hotels are sold out... I dunno. Just trying to get a wealth of ideas to avoid being stale or overly cliche.

Edited by NoSaint