Funny

No not agreeing with you but I figured this was the source you used.

I don't want to see this- GE paid almost $2.7 billion in cash taxes in 2010 on a consolidated basis (almost 19% of pretax income from continuing operations).

I want to see this- GE paid almost $2.7 billion in cash taxes U.S. corporate taxes in 2010 on a consolidated basis (almost 19% of pretax income from continuing operations).

I don't want to see-GE paid significant U.S. income tax in 2010 and in total from 2006-2010. Over the past 10 years, GE has paid almost $23 billion of corporate income taxes to governments around the world, making it one of the highest payers of corporate income taxes. As disclosed in the cash flow statements of the 10-K, we paid over $14 billion of income taxes to governments around the world over the past 5 years.

I want to see- GE paid significant (the dollar amount) U.S. income tax corporate tax in 2010 and in total from 2006-2010. Over the past 10 years, GE has paid almost $23 billion of corporate income taxes to governments around the world, making it one of the highest payers of corporate income taxes. As disclosed in the cash flow statements of the 10-K, we paid over $14 billion of income taxes to governments around the world over the past 5 years don't give a !@#$.

Then read the annual report. It's all in there. Including a current US income tax expense for GE of $2.4B.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

G.E.'s Strategies Let It Avoid Taxes Altogether

Apparently, small businesses pay more than GE. I know what people here will say: "Do not change a thing" I'm sorry, but with States cutting funding for schools and other social services because they are trying to balance their budgets, along with the Feds stating we are broke....

Change NEEDS to happen now!!

Did you use stategies to reduce your taxable income in 2010? If so you're also responsible for the reduced funding to schools. :rolleyes:

Did you use stategies to reduce your taxable income in 2010? If so you're also responsible for the reduced funding to schools. :rolleyes:

Union dues are tax deductible.

Now let's sit back and watch his pointy little head explode trying to reconcile that.

I don't understand the outrage, particularly from the left.

The government uses the tax code to shape the market by rewarding desired behavior. Want more electric cars? Provide a rebate. Want companies to invest in windmills? Provide a tax credit.

Ok, so GE has fully embraced the governments agenda, and has reoriented themselves to do what the government wants as defined by government credits. So now the government is supposed to be mad at GE for investing in windmills?

I don't understand the outrage, particularly from the left.

The government uses the tax code to shape the market by rewarding desired behavior. Want more electric cars? Provide a rebate. Want companies to invest in windmills? Provide a tax credit.

Ok, so GE has fully embraced the governments agenda, and has reoriented themselves to do what the government wants as defined by government credits. So now the government is supposed to be mad at GE for investing in windmills?

shhh..don't try making sense. WE WANT TO HATE EVIL CORPS.! They are evil I know because John Stewart and movies say so. Only Obama and his Dems can save us from them.

shhh..don't try making sense. WE WANT TO HATE EVIL CORPS.! They are evil I know because John Stewart and movies say so. Only Obama and his Dems can save us from them.

GE backs Obama and his Dems.

So GE's going to save us from GE?

And according to lybob, it's not corporations that are evil, just the financial industry. So it's not GE that's evil...just...well, GE.