Indy at Denver almost certain to be meaningless

maddog

Looking at Indy's schedule, their finale at Denver is almost guaranteed to be meaningless unless they lose to Baltimore this weekend. Unfortunately, that would really hurt the Bills chances of catching Baltimore.

Because San Diego plays at Indy in week 16 (game 15) the winner of that game has the tiebreaker. So if they both go into that game 11-3, the winner gets the third seed no matter what happens the following week. Therefore, under that scenario both teams are locked into the 3rd and 4th seed and play meaningless games the following week.

The long and the short of it is we need Cleveland (ugh!) to beat San Diego this weekend and hope San Diego beats Indy the following week in Indy. Otherwise, (1)Indy is playing their JV against Denver in week 17 or (2) Baltimore beats Indy this weekend.

I still think Denver can drop their next two on the road. We just can't count on getting any help from Indy against Denver.

Unfortunately you are right. We REALLY need the Colts, Pack, and Steelers to hold serve these next couple weeks vs. the Ravens & Jags...then all we have to worry about is the Jets.

As for Denver, I think they will lose to either the Chiefs or Titans, but I don't know if they'll lose both. Hopefully McNair will be healthy in a couple weeks.

I totally disagree...no matter what happens, Indy will start their regulars; no team wants to go into the playoffs with a loss, no matter what....

160670[/snapback]

I don't know. The injury risk is too high. Dungy seems pretty conservative in that regard. Hopefully the Bills won't need Denver to lose that one. Otherwise, I hope you're right.

I totally disagree...no matter what happens, Indy will start their regulars; no team wants to go into the playoffs with a loss, no matter what....

160670[/snapback]

No team wants to finish with a loss, but most coaches know the value of a bye week. At this time, it doesn't seem that Indy will get one. So I'm afraid Dungy will use this game as his bye week. I think right now, even though Denver is not playing well and will likely lose to the high scoring Chiefs, they will slip into the playoffs. they'll take advantage of a resting Colts team. The Bills have a greater chance of catching the Jets as we actually would OWN atiebreaker over them and they have a difficult home matchup vs NE and a road finale @STL which is a much better team in their dome. STL also may need that game to squeak into the NFC playoffs as a WC. Bills fans should concede a Wild Card to the BRONCOS and focus on catching the Jets.