Can't hit the QB in the act of throwing

They were released last week! Pass rushers can no longer hit the QB while he is in the act of throwing, as he is considered a defenseless player. Receivers attempting to catch the ball are also defenseless.

To me, this puts a premium on the passing game on offense, and coverage guys on defense. Pass rushers will be rendered useless, although their skills will be useful if they can cover and run down plays.

I would not take a defensive lineman in the first round. If I went defense, I would take Patrick Peterson or the guy from Colorado and move McKelvin to free safety.

I think defenses will have to get smaller and more athletic. Whitner (if he comes back) could get a look at inside/middle linebacker, as he will be able to cover better than the old style linebacker. I wonder if Maybin could get a look inside or on the line, or if he will be just as bad in the new style.

I expect that this will bring the spread offense to the NFL, as the QB won't get hit much. Which opens the door for a lot more QB's. The game should be like an Arena game or a basketball game.

It's like you read neither the thread nor the article. Good Job.

-Changing touchbacks to the 25 yard line, only on kick offs

-Kicking off from the 35 yard line

I think this one is kindof silly. Obviously they think too many guys get hurt on KOs, so they want to limit the number of them with this. If this is really a problem, why not change the rule to after a TD, you get it on the 30?