Good Article on Mallett

I really don't understand these "pro days". In the last few days I've heard how amazing Mallett, Newton, etc have looked...they're basically just out there playing catch with receivers they already have a familiarity with! lol Hell, I used to have complete strangers come up to me at the Ralph when I was out passing the ball with my buddies...I can throw a football better than probably almost anyone on this board if we're talking backyard/parking lot football! I don't understand what is so impressive about these things...when there is no defense on the field, of COURSE these people will be able to make all the throws....wtf?

My Question is: Why the hell did he even run the 40? He had to know he was going to run somewhere around the time he did. He didn't do himself any favors with that 40 time, it was awful.

Mallett = Marino

Marino was picked 27th by Miami after rumors of drug use in college. Immobile QB with the sweetest release you have ever seen.

How did that work out for Miami??

:blink:

Have you seen Mallett throw? Ok the guy has an absolute cannon, maybe even a bigger arm than any current NFL QB but he has a slow release. I sure as hell wouldn't call it the sweetest release I've ever seen, its slow. Couple a slow release with someone who is immoble as hell you have a recipe for a QB that will get sacked....a lot.

My Question is: Why the hell did he even run the 40? He had to know he was going to run somewhere around the time he did. He didn't do himself any favors with that 40 time, it was awful.

:blink:

Have you seen Mallett throw? Ok the guy has an absolute cannon, maybe even a bigger arm than any current NFL QB but he has a slow release. I sure as hell wouldn't call it the sweetest release I've ever seen, its slow. Couple a slow release with someone who is immoble as hell you have a recipe for a QB that will get sacked....a lot.

This is incorrect.

He does not have a slow release. This is not a Byron Leftwich situation.

He has a long arm, but to say he has a slow release is an exaggeration at best and just pure speculation at worst.

I have watched about 7 Arkansas games and it is a weird release but not slow.

You know who it actually looks like. It looks like Michael Vick's release. They both do a weird fraction of a second twist in their arm that looks weird.

Edited by Why So Serious?

interesting little tid-bit on Gabbert in the article. His completion percentage is below 30% on throws over 15 yards? I know he didn't really have good receivers to throw to, but this statistic has to raise some red flags.

I think it was over 15 yards when blitzed.

Now just over 15 yards.

This is incorrect.

He does not have a slow release. This is not a Byron Leftwich situation.

He has a long arm, but to say he has a slow release is an exaggeration at best and just pure speculation at worst.

I have watched about 7 Arkansas games and it is a weird release but not slow.

You know who it actually looks like. It looks like Michael Vick's release. They both do a weird fraction of a second twist in their arm that looks weird.

You can see that he gets his wrist through very quickly